twin towers

PHOTOMAYBEPHOTOMAYBE Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited September 16, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I just found this shot......

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    It is a nice skyline of NYC pre-9/11. Not sure why it is pink. Wish it had a stronger forground.
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    I agree with Mark. You could crop most of the foreground out and maybe have a nicer image.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • PHOTOMAYBEPHOTOMAYBE Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    I agree with Mark. You could crop most of the foreground out and maybe have a nicer image.
    I will have to learn to correct color..... I did not crop the photo ,taken the day the building was finished ,shot with an A-1 with a 24 mm lens....Took me a day to figure the light...You will never see the shot again....BUT thanks for the comments,I have a lot to learn....
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    PHOTOMAYBE wrote: »
    I will have to learn to correct color..... I did not crop the photo ,taken the day the building was finished ,shot with an A-1 with a 24 mm lens....Took me a day to figure the light...You will never see the shot again....BUT thanks for the comments,I have a lot to learn....

You should then at least title and date the image as it has historical significance, then.

Still not sure why it is red/pink though (edit: on my color calibrated monitor it edges toward a brown or sepia)-- is that from the camera or post processing?
    edited August 27, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »
    You should then at least title and date the image as it has historical significance, then.

Still not sure why it is red/pink though (edit: on my color calibrated monitor it edges toward a brown or sepia)-- is that from the camera or post processing?
    I shall do just that,name and date the print.A good idea.As far as the color shift I have not a clue.As far as cropping I will crop it and show it again.
    Thanks to one and all for your comments.I am just learning computer programs and digital.what do I need tocolor correct this laptop????
    edited August 29, 2012
    Twin towers
    I cropped the shot....
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    Hi P-Maybe...,

Welcome to the forum. Gotta say, for me the crop wasn't needed. I prefer the original, but either full colour or monochrome. Did you grow up in NYC?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited August 30, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Gotta say, for me the crop wasn't needed. I prefer the original...
    15524779-Ti.gif There's some nice texture in the wood and in the railing on the right. The crop doesn't really get you closer. One nit on the original: some white is showing at the top edges where you rotated it. Crop or fill.
    edited September 16, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif There's some nice texture in the wood and in the railing on the right. The crop doesn't really get you closer. One nit on the original: some white is showing at the top edges where you rotated it. Crop or fill.
    Thank you,I blew it up to an 18 x 24 canvas and it looks great.The original crop.I doubt myself these days as it has been a very long time since I have actually thought of photo's.
    I spent many years in NYC as an assistant to photographers on a freelance basis and then migrated to the commercial film industry.
    Thanks again,I am just learning this digital evolution and need all the help I can get to get my confidence back.Plus learn the programs that are needed instead of a darkroom......
    I see the white you are talking about thanks I will be more carefull.It was a perspective change in photoshop.