edited August 28, 2012 in Street and Documentary
MartinParrNotFixed-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    I've become a fan of Martin Parr, all the more so after attending the last Brighton Photo Bienalle which he curated. I can understand how he divided the selection panel at Magnum but after hearing him speak on a couple of occasions at the Bienalle he comes across as a real authority on photography past and present

Most of his images are characterised by being close to his subjects, brightly lit and full of saturated colour. I see some, but not all of that here. Personally I think this would work better as two separate shots, first the pickup and kayak and second the easel. I also think they would be stronger still with one or more figures present.

Just my 2c worth:D
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    To which I'd only add that B.D. Colen in the style of B.D. Colen is much more interesting (to me at least!) than hommages to Martin Parr, Eugene Richards, or anyone else.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    chrome?
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    chrome?

Exta...rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed