Options

First Ever Baby Shoot, Full of Funny Coincidences

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited August 28, 2012 in People
I was recently contacted by a family about taking some photos of their new baby, who was only a few months old. I was a bit nervous having never shot a baby before, but I decided that now was as good a time as any to learn! We met up at Hermann Park here in Houston on a warm summer evening to shoot.

As it turned out, the baby and I share the same name (Theo), and I used to live directly next door to his dad when I was growing up! We used to have super soaker wars and easter egg hunts together, haha. Pretty funny coincidence!

The light was really nice the whole day, and little Theo was extremely cooperative for the whole two hours, right up until the end when he decided that he'd had enough.

It was a lot of fun overall, and definitely cool to try something completely different. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

You can see the full set and more about the story on my blog:

http://theo-graphics.com/blog/baby-theodore/

1-X2.jpg

3-X2.jpg

4-X2.jpg

6-X2.jpg

7-X2.jpg

10-X2.jpg

12-X2.jpg

14-X2.jpg

17-X2.jpg

19-X2.jpg

21-X2.jpg

22-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    I really like all but the last group with the statue. Maybe there's some significance to the family that we don't know about. Doesn't matter what I think about those though. You did a fine job on these. Lots of depth to them. Some are going to beat you up about the lack of contrast in some of the shots but I see that being conveyed as your style. It's consistent throughout all the photos and it doesn't bother me. I actually like it.

Really nice stuff and I'm sure the family is gong to love them.

OH... There is one of the baby on his back and it looks like there is a poop stain on the blanket above his head. Laughing.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2012
    I really like all but the last group with the statue. Maybe there's some significance to the family that we don't know about. Doesn't matter what I think about those though. You did a fine job on these. Lots of depth to them. Some are going to beat you up about the lack of contrast in some of the shots but I see that being conveyed as your style. It's consistent throughout all the photos and it doesn't bother me. I actually like it.

Really nice stuff and I'm sure the family is gong to love them.

OH... There is one of the baby on his back and it looks like there is a poop stain on the blanket above his head. Laughing.gif

thanks! there is significance to the statue, it's where the dad proposed to the mom, so they wanted it included in the shots.

lol @ the "poop stain". it was an indian blanket and that was part of the pattern. now i cant see it as anything but a poop stain...thanks a lot, lol!
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2012
    what a session, I totally forgot the title, FIRST BABY SHOOT! Magnificent results. And what a cute kiddo. You look so young to have such skills. BTW what eqiupment are you shooting with here? I saw a Nikon in your photo. I am so impressed I might have to start stalking you lol. Congrats.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    what a session, I totally forgot the title, FIRST BABY SHOOT! Magnificent results. And what a cute kiddo. You look so young to have such skills. BTW what eqiupment are you shooting with here? I saw a Nikon in your photo. I am so impressed I might have to start stalking you lol. Congrats.

thanks very much! for this set, i used my D700, 85 f1.8 and 16-35 f4 primarily. all natural light on these as well.

i appreciate the kind words!
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
  • Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    Love the cowboy hat pics. Made my day and made me laugh!

First thing when I saw that blanket was "poop" stain also. Oh well!