Options

Hot afternoon youth football

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited September 14, 2012 in Sports
I went over to one of the local parks for a walk this afternoon and came across a youth football game. Having my camera with me, I took a few shots. Gotta hand it to the kids, at 90 degrees it was a little warm for a walk, much less football game.

i-ZwKvLQH-L.jpgi-ZvrZzHN-L.jpg
i-TdJMMSf-L.jpg

i-vVMRbKq-L.jpg

i-p7Jd2HN-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2012
    Really like the last one. I wonder thought how it would look cropped even tighter. Just wondering.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2012
    Really like the last one. I wonder thought how it would look cropped even tighter. Just wondering.

Phil

Probably something like this:

i-58jbd2K-L.jpg

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2012
    KMCC wrote: »
    Probably something like this:

i-58jbd2K-L.jpg

Oh yeah! Nice. Love your work.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    Kent:

What did you do to keep the faces visible under the white helmets in bright sun?

You must have been out for a real workout when you took the walk with your camera as I'm fairly certain these weren't taken with a lightweight 50mm...mwink.gif
    Regards

Will
    edited September 10, 2012
    wmstumme wrote: »
    Kent:

What did you do to keep the faces visible under the white helmets in bright sun?

You must have been out for a real workout when you took the walk with your camera as I'm fairly certain these weren't taken with a lightweight 50mm...mwink.gif

These were all shot with a 1D MkIIn and a 70-200mm so it wasn't that much of a load.

I use Levels in Photoshop to bring out the faces. You have to be careful not to "over use" it or you end up washing out the entire image.

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    One of the local high school soccer teams has white uniforms which are actually shiny! It is hell to shoot them on a sunny day. Generally I meter to just keep the uniforms from blowing out, then spend a bit of time on the curves in Lightroom to get some exposure on the faces. If the image starts getting washed out, I just pull down the quarter tones and sometimes boost the black point. I store these settings, then apply it whenever it is needed.

Anyway, very nice shots!!