Options

Portrait

CunninghamPhotographyCunninghamPhotography Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 26, 2012 in People
What do you guys think of this shot?

I was going for a nice beauty shot in natural light.

i-ZM86p3X-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2012
    Welcome to DGrin, Cunningham. This is a great place to learn, so hopefully you'll stick around with us!

As for the image:
    1) A bit underexposed, most of the hair is lost in blackness. Maybe only a half stop.
    2) In contrast to the dark subject, which I imagine you'd like to be the focal point, the very bright blot of sky in the upper right is very distracting.
    3) The image appears very slightly soft at the eyes.
    4) The expression is quite good.

Look forward to seeing more from you.
  • Options
    CunninghamPhotographyCunninghamPhotography Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2012
    You're right
    Quincy,

I've lurked for awhile but recently decided to post.

The area you pointed out is very distracting, thanks for pointing that out. As for the hair, I can't recover the details in most of it. I tried the half stop to one stop you suggested but it didn't come back to my satisfaction.

I did update the image with the new, hopefully less distracting, background.

i-jC9tLnq-M.jpg

Quincy T wrote: »
    Welcome to DGrin, Cunningham. This is a great place to learn, so hopefully you'll stick around with us!

As for the image:
    1) A bit underexposed, most of the hair is lost in blackness. Maybe only a half stop.
    2) In contrast to the dark subject, which I imagine you'd like to be the focal point, the very bright blot of sky in the upper right is very distracting.
    3) The image appears very slightly soft at the eyes.
    4) The expression is quite good.

Look forward to seeing more from you.