Options

Quick Quesiton about proofiing gallery

silvereyesilvereye Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited August 27, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
So hey y'all... quick question I received this in an email today "[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sorry, it has taken so long to get back with you. First of all, let me say when I first realized that there was only 15 pictures, I can't lie, I was slightly disappointed" The client does go on to say she loves all the images so I guess its a good thing.

The session was a 30 minute session of a single subject, her 6 month old daughter.

My question is... How many images do y'all provide in an online proofing gallery??

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    MMcClainPhotoMMcClainPhoto Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    Really depends on the type of session and the time. Engagements which are at least an hour I prefer 50-100... 50 for the not so photographic couple and 100 for those we just can't get enough of. Portraits for a 30 minute'r I'd say at minimum 25 but kids can add another degree of difficulty. Did she know ahead of time what to expect image wise with the time given?
    Great Photography Is All About the Light!
  • Options
    silvereyesilvereye Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    Really depends on the type of session and the time. Engagements which are at least an hour I prefer 50-100... 50 for the not so photographic couple and 100 for those we just can't get enough of. Portraits for a 30 minute'r I'd say at minimum 25 but kids can add another degree of difficulty. Did she know ahead of time what to expect image wise with the time given?

Christ on a bike... you put 100 images into a proofing gallery??? For an hour??? Lets say the typical couple shoot... maybe add one outfit chage but same location... You are getting MAX 30 images in a proofing gallery... Thats one image every minute... estimated 10-15 minutes for oufit change... How are you getting 100 images out of 60 minutes is beyond me... but ok... She was told 15 to 20 images... she got 15 :D

Really thanks for responding... Puts things into perspective
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    silvereye wrote: »
    She was told 15 to 20 images... she got 15 :D

And if she is only complaining about quantity, then you're golden!
    tom wise