Options

More Sue Bryce: Hair & Makeup today

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 28, 2012 in People
http://www.creativelive.com/live

Btw, I have nothing at all to do with SB or Creative Live, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these online classes! Some of the most useful stuff I've seen (live or online), and since it's *free* when it's going out live I reckon it's worth pointing it out to others who may be interested :)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    Bumping so people see it (since it's on right now....)
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    I am watching....TXS
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    I end up laughing with her as I learn, way to many suga shots here, but getting less fudge ones lol.

I'm kind of curious how many here at Dgrin shoot tethered?
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    They only shoot tethered for the recordings. This way they can show the shots on screen while she explains what she is doing.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    Ah Thanks. I have seen tutorials where they were tethered and I actually did an outdoor tethered shoot last Sunday. It was nice to see the image on a 17.3 widescreen laptop as soon as I shot it.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    fjcvisual wrote: »
    They only shoot tethered for the recordings. This way they can show the shots on screen while she explains what she is doing.

eek7.gif I don't think so.

I would say most people that should in studio would prefer to shoot tethered whenever possible. It's a huge advantage to be able to see what your shooting as your shooting it on a large screen. And it can be quite helpful for the model to see the results live so they can visualize the adjustments they need to make in the next shot.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    I picked up a 15 foot cord off of Ebay some months ago, because I figured I would eventually be doing some tethered. It was like $5 or something and worked like a top last Sunday. Seeing the images on the large screen, allowed me to double check the eyes inside LR3.6, if I was hitting them precisely or not. I have another shoot lined up soon and will probably do it tethered also. Sorry to take this OT, lol. I was just wondering how many do tether when they can.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    I tried shooting tethered.... ONCE. It drove me absolutely NUTS to be physically connected with a wire - totally threw me off. I can't deny it was nice to see the image on screen, but the limitation didn't make it worth it for me ne_nau.gif

And yes, I laughed out loud at the shuga/fuudge! Her thought process with the poses that weren't working is exactly what goes through my head!!!! Mouth is saying, "Great, nice - you know, I think I want to try ... {moves to another position}" when brain is saying "THese are CRAP!! OMG, I can't let the client see these! Ack I'm so bad! I don't know what I'm doing!!!" rofl

INterested in the rest of the week's goodies - I am LOVING these seminars (and very glad I'm at home this week so I can keep up with them :)
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2012
    Bumping again for today's session, all about hair.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2012
    It was a long one today. It was cool to watch them transform into models. I wasn't sure what happened to Lorrae/ Loraine? All I heard was everyone on the internet praising her for being so honest? She's a doll. I also enjoyed the after chat. So much said I agree with. After everything else is ready to go, the models posing, if the eyes don't come alive, it's just a really nice shot. That's actually one of the very first things I look for in every photo I look at.

I watched a photoshoot on YT the other day, after they were finished, the model blinked her eyes like five times and I thought "she's shifting gears". Then she laughed at something, and I saw the tinkle in her eyes and thought "there it is". To bad it wasn't in the shoot.

Good stuff for sure, thanks for the reminder thumb.gif