Accepted to Sportsshooter.com

zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited September 6, 2012 in Sports
Just found out today I was accepted to sportsshooter.com, made it without sponsorship on my first try. Good day today!

Comments

• zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    Congrats, see you around the site.. :)
    edited August 27, 2012
    Thank you
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    Congratulations
    Rags
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    Congrats!!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    Congratulations!

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    congratulations
    edited August 28, 2012
    johng wrote: »
    congratulations

Thank you
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    Cool, but what does it do for ya?
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Cool, but what does it do for ya?

Well, it allowed ME to spend a week with a guy who's shot about the last 15 superbowls, about the last dozen NBA Finals, numerous Olympic games, etc. It allowed me to spend a week with a guy who's the official photographer for US Gymnastics. It allowed me to spend a week with an SI guy who rigs all the remote lights and cameras for the NBA Finals, the Olympic games, etc.

It gives me a venue to ask questions of guys who shoot this stuff day in, day out, and who KNOW the answers.

Sportsshooters.com gives me the access to people others only dream about. Worth every friggin penny I've spent on it, and they'll be getting a lot more of my money.
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Congrats.

Odd, for some reason I thought I read on their site the only way at the moment to join was to be sponsored. I know someone local that's a member but he doesn't seem willing to sponsor anyone. So good to know I can just try without that!
    edited August 29, 2012
    Congrats.

Odd, for some reason I thought I read on their site the only way at the moment to join was to be sponsored. I know someone local that's a member but he doesn't seem willing to sponsor anyone. So good to know I can just try without that!

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1279 this is where I went and seen you could try without a sponsor.
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    Congratulations... I also was accepted in June, also without a sponsor, I think,(?) about 5 or 6 years ago, I applied with a sponsor and was rejected. This time when I applied I didn't seek a sponsor. Maybe SS contacted the previous member/sponsor however, I have seen that photographer quite often and he didn't mention anything.

BTW, I would love to shoot an event on the east side. let me know if you are interested. I'm in Kazooland.

Regards,
    edited September 1, 2012
    OldGuy wrote: »
    Congratulations... I also was accepted in June, also without a sponsor, I think,(?) about 5 or 6 years ago, I applied with a sponsor and was rejected. This time when I applied I didn't seek a sponsor. Maybe SS contacted the previous member/sponsor however, I have seen that photographer quite often and he didn't mention anything.

BTW, I would love to shoot an event on the east side. let me know if you are interested. I'm in Kazooland.

Regards,

Well Im not too far east lol, more central. I'm interested, right now I am getting swamped with senior pics and weddings this fall and I work for an online media site also, but I will let you know when I am freed up. That was my first time applying, you can't ask for sponsors on any forum so I figured I would go the non sponsor route. It felt great to get accepted, Ive only been doing photography for a little over a year and a half. I never dreamed photography would take me to where I am now making money.
  • photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    How long did the review process take? I submitted my application a few days ago and I haven't heard back from them yet.
    edited September 6, 2012
    It took 4 to 5 weeks I believe. I didnt hear anything for a month after I applied, then they had me submit 10 photos and fill out some stuff on my sportsshooter page that wasnt activated yet for review, that took about a week for them to approve it and activate my membership.