Options

Suggest a Waterproof P&S Camera

2»

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited March 16, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Decided to rent a housing and lens port for my Canon 5D3 and 16-35 :)

Go big or go home....

When you pick it up, be sure they give you instructions on how to seal the housing and some grease for the o-rings. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of o-rings either. Oh, and take your time putting the camera together in the housing. Don't forget you'll need a flash or two depending on the depth you're shooting.

Good luck!

Alex, Borrowlenses.com carries them. They go for ~$200 for three days. Plus what ever for the port cost (depends on the lens you want to use). It's a pretty good deal considering the housings are expensive to begin with.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    When you pick it up, be sure they give you instructions on how to seal the housing and some grease for the o-rings. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of o-rings either. Oh, and take your time putting the camera together in the housing. Don't forget you'll need a flash or two depending on the depth you're shooting.

Good luck!

Alex, Borrowlenses.com carries them. They go for ~$200 for three days. Plus what ever for the port cost (depends on the lens you want to use). It's a pretty good deal considering the housings are expensive to begin with.
    All good advice. Except it's now for my Nikon D800 since I am completely ditching my Canon systems :D Oh and no lights, we'll just be snorkeling this trip to Galapagos, so shallow depths.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    Andy... how much and where did you rent it?

Yeah. http://borrowlenses.com thumb.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited March 18, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    All good advice. Except it's now for my Nikon D800 since I am completely ditching my Canon systems :D Oh and no lights, we'll just be snorkeling this trip to Galapagos, so shallow depths.

Can't wait to see what you get.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?