Options

More From Yellowstone's Norris Basin

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited August 29, 2012 in Landscapes
The first two shots give you some feel for the scope of this hydro-thermal / geyser basin. It's a large area of unbelievable beauty in a mesmerizing landscape.

Yellowstone-2-420-X2.jpg

Yellowstone-1-022-X2.jpg

Yellowstone-1-003-X2.jpg

Yellowstone-2-417-X2.jpg

Yellowstone-2-402-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    Fascinating The second and third photos in particular are very well done.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Fascinating The second and third photos in particular are very well done.

Hi Don,

Thanks for the visit and the nice comment. I spent the bulk of one whole day at Norris basin....plus an additional half-day visit later on. I still feel like I missed something. You're spot on....it's fascinating there.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Great pictures. #2 is my favorite.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2012
    joe-bob wrote: »
    Great pictures. #2 is my favorite.

Thanks for looking in. I appreciate it.

Tom
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Nice series Tom thumb.gif

Wonder what the original explorers/viewers thoughts were when they came upon this worldly oddity ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Nice series Tom thumb.gif

Wonder what the original explorers/viewers thoughts were when they came upon this worldly oddity ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the kind words, pard.

You ask an interesting question. Over the years, I've read quite a bit about the first folks to explore these areas....or to say, those among the first white men to so. The most telling examples of how these early explorers might have reacted to what they saw comes from reading the responses of those that were told what they had seen....nobody believed them. In fact, many of these original explorers were openly ridiculed for telling such far-fetched stories. I guess the nay-sayers have always been with us.

Tom