Options

CS6 vs Lightroom

WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
edited September 1, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Have a chance to get CS6 for $248..who doesn't love a sale :rolleyes
I don't know my Lightroom 3.5 to its fullest extent..not even close. Plus I just grabbed up Elements 10 (another special sale :rolleyes) and haven't even opened it up yet.
But as winter will be settling in and I will hopefully have more time behind the screen. Its not a NEED thing..thats a four letter word in my world..but are there some distinct features that CS5 has over lightroom?
Thanks,
Gary

Comments

• Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    basic things you need , like ACR and Layers are also in Elements 10
    cant think of anything that CS6 would add to that

if i was you , i spent the money on LR4 , so that they match and can interact w each other
  • Options
    tebogantebogan Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    Make the Jump
    I have found that working in layers with CS6 allows me to do so much more. LR does not do layers and I need this capability. Nice price, as the upgrade is 199 from CS5, and you would have a fresh package. More difficult to learn than Elements, but sooooo much more.
    Photography is the art of making an image of what you see so others can see what you saw.
  • Options
    WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    Thanks for the reply's. I have until the end of the day but I will probably snap it up.
    Gary
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    tebogan wrote: »
    I have found that working in layers with CS6 allows me to do so much more. LR does not do layers and I need this capability. Nice price, as the upgrade is 199 from CS5, and you would have a fresh package. More difficult to learn than Elements, but sooooo much more.

Actually, there is a layers plug-in for LR as I recall. Tried it, but didn't buy it, er some such.
    tom wise
  • Options
    SIMitchellSIMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2012
    angevin1 are you talking about this plugin by: ononesoftware ? I just picked up Lightroom and looking for plugins and presets to add onto it.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    SIMitchell wrote: »
    angevin1 are you talking about this plugin by: ononesoftware ? I just picked up Lightroom and looking for plugins and presets to add onto it.

I cannot recall, though Onone does send me e-mail product updates, so it could be them. Either way, if they have a trial, try it!
    tom wise
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    perfect layers2 is free
    perfect layers3 is trial