Heads up everyone...

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited September 1, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Given the upcoming intensity of the election season in the USA, I'd like to ask everyone contributing to this forum to stay focussed on the images, not political commentary. If you want to express opinions do it through your own images, and make them good. I intend to be fairly ham fisted when it comes to keeping things on track.

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    BUT... we honed our skills discussing b/w v color, what "Street and PJ" really means, the use of titles, the evils of selective coloring, and etc. (I wanted the "and" to make it an Oxford comma rolleyes1.gif).

Now we have to go back to taking photos?

955002892_dZqhx-Ti.jpg Who died and made you President? rolleyes1.gif
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    As long as we have a no-photo thread, something I've been thinking about...

Of all the photos I've seen of the convention, none have been of delegates acting badly.
    It is traditional at all conventions for some of the delegates to be caught doing something
    stupid in public.

Where are the photographs of delegates staggering out of Tampa's most notorious strip
    club: Mons Venus? The newspaper tells me that establishments of this type in Tampa did a
    booming business during the week. Who's done a series on grown-ups engaged in the
    process of deciding who will run the country (or hope to) by dressing up in the most outlandish
    costumes imaginable?

Lest Michswiss think this post is partisan, I have complete confidence that this type of
    photo op will be abundantly available in Charlotte next week.

The photographs I've seen so far, here and in the newspapers, have been the same
    old thing: politicians and protesters...the two dullest and most over-done subjects
    imaginable this time of year.

Go, photographers, and document the foolishness as well as the front-pagers.
    That's "real life" at a political convention.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    Argue about anything related to photog stuff to your heart's content!

And I'm on the same page with Tony. If you're going to do protests or conventions, show us a story outside what the paid folks get published in the newspapers. (Unless of course you're one of the paid folks. Please blow us away.)

Oh, and, I couldn't tell you when this happened but I gave up the Oxford comma as it seems out of fashion in the Queens English.