Grandfathered lack of Smugmug footer in Portfolio account

TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited September 1, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ouch, 100% increase is a kick in the guts. I can only imagine how bad things must be to stick us with such a massive increase.

In any case, I'll definitely be dropping my account to Portfolio come upgrade time, at least until I can find an alternative host. One specific question though.

Some pro accounts with customisation were able to remove the Smugmug footer completely and although the rules got changed so you can no longer do that, I still have mine setup with the footer completely suppressed. Can you advise if this grandfathered feature could carry through to the Portfolio level please?

Regards

ps. I subscribed to the blog updates and I am getting about 2 emails per minute. You badly messed up here guys.
--
http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)

Comments

• AlliOOPAlliOOP Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    I'm not with SmugMug and so someone from there will have to give you an exact answer but I will mention about my experience. As soon as I did a custom change to my site, the grandfathering disappeared.

Good luck keeping it.
  • Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    TalkieT wrote: »
    Some pro accounts with customisation were able to remove the Smugmug footer completely and although the rules got changed so you can no longer do that, I still have mine setup with the footer completely suppressed. Can you advise if this grandfathered feature could carry through to the Portfolio level please?

Hi T - There are a some very good reasons why we disabled the ability to completely remove the footer. Really - but while it cannot be removed, you can 'hide' it from view... use your customization to either make the text transparent, or the same color as the background on the page. This serves to make it invisible.

I hope this helps - if you need a hand, contact the heroes on the support desk at 'help at smugmug dot com' -