Options

Absolutely stunning!

trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited September 5, 2012 in People
As much as I prefer to NOT shoot in studio, I couldn't pass a paid boudoir shoot :D.

i-XXfqkww-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    I'd smooth her skin just a tad more.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    Photo editing limited to black and white conversion, saturation and contrast. Her freckles are more apparent due to b/w conversation. No touchup work or cropping :). Here's the image straight out of the camera.

EDIT: Image removed. Scroll down for image SOOC.
  • Options
    TontoTonto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    Out of curiosity Robert, how did you get this client to agree to you posting an intimate image of her on an open forum ?, most women would freak at the thought of work colleagues, or even worse partners work colleagues emailing this easily downloadable image to each other.
  • Options
    Ray DauphinaisRay Dauphinais Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    What were your WB and picture control file settings? On my calibrated monitor the image is hot and has an orange tint. The EXIF data doesn't show the WB setting.

I really like the framing you used and the apparent connection you made with the client. Great eye contact.

And I agree she is stunning.

Ray
    troopers wrote: »
    Photo editing limited to black and white conversion, saturation and contrast. Her freckles are more apparent due to b/w conversation. No touchup work or cropping :). Here's the image straight out of the camera.

i-wsKdsp3-L.jpg
    All my images are made with 100% recycled electrons.

Follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    What were your WB and picture control file settings? On my calibrated monitor the image is hot and has an orange tint. The EXIF data doesn't show the WB setting.

I really like the framing you used and the apparent connection you made with the client. Great eye contact.

Ray

I believe the image is straight out of the camera, so he didn't edit the color version yet.

I like the BW image, however, if you increase the blacks and bring back the warm tones a bit, you will have a stunning color image as well. Great capture thumb.gif

EDIT: troopers would I be able to post an edited color version? or maybe shoot you a message? With a couple tweaks, I really think this image stands out better in color.
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    Tonto wrote: »
    Out of curiosity Robert, how did you get this client to agree to you posting an intimate image of her on an open forum ?, most women would freak at the thought of work colleagues, or even worse partners work colleagues emailing this easily downloadable image to each other.

A release. The pose may be quite intimate but not more revealing than her facebook photos.

I believe the image is straight out of the camera, so he didn't edit the color version yet.

I like the BW image, however, if you increase the blacks and bring back the warm tones a bit, you will have a stunning color image as well. Great capture thumb.gif

EDIT: troopers would I be able to post an edited color version? or maybe shoot you a message? With a couple tweaks, I really think this image stands out better in color.

Thanks.

Sure, go for it (warning D800 file). She wanted it in b/w. I didn't even attempt a color version.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012

Ray

Ray, I have to back peddle a bit...here's the image SOOC. The other image had a few LR import adjustments that I forgot I had set when importing. WB set to Auto (temp at 2900), PC set to standard. Btw, I love the D800s WB, autoISO, etc. I'm going to take down the other one to not confuse others.

i-QqQM8vw-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    I figured she did. I like the way the image pops in color. Her eyes are gorgeous. For some reason, the image is a bit faded and showing a slight amount of grain from attaching it to this forum. The actual image is cleaner from my desktop.
  • Options
    Ray DauphinaisRay Dauphinais Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    Much better skin tones. Thanks.

Ray, I have to back peddle a bit...here's the image SOOC. The other image had a few LR import adjustments that I forgot I had set when importing. WB set to Auto (temp at 2900), PC set to standard. Btw, I love the D800s WB, autoISO, etc. I'm going to take down the other one to not confuse others.

i-QqQM8vw-L.jpg
    All my images are made with 100% recycled electrons.

Follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 2, 2012

i-QqQM8vw-L.jpg

To my eye, this is the strongest version and very nice. In color, it's easy to tell she's freckly because of the tones. In black and white, they look more like zits. Now you have a great shot. JMHO.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    I figured she did.

Oh, don't get me wrong....she's a sweetheart, really. She's a river rat and has many photos of her in swimsuits and the like. She's def not a Girls Gone Wild girl (I think).
    I like the way the image pops in color. Her eyes are gorgeous. For some reason, the image is a bit faded and showing a slight amount of grain from attaching it to this forum. The actual image is cleaner from my desktop.

Interesting play on the colors...not my preferred style...if an image starts to look/feel unnatural, PP has gone too far...I like my images to be able to stand on it's own (compositionally/technically) with min PP aid.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    To my eye, this is the strongest version and very nice. In color, it's easy to tell she's freckly because of the tones. In black and white, they look more like zits. Now you have a great shot. JMHO.

Thanks kdog...that's my fav too, SOOC! But she gets what she wants.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    Oh, don't get me wrong....she's a sweetheart, really. She's a river rat and has many photos of her in swimsuits and the like. She's def not a Girls Gone Wild girl (I think).

Haha! You never know these days :D But in all seriousness, the client seems very nice. You captured a lovely moment for sure.
    Interesting play on the colors...not my preferred style...if an image starts to look/feel unnatural, PP has gone too far...I like my images to be able to stand on it's own (compositionally/technically) with min PP aid.

And that's totally cool, as we all have different styles. I tend to be heavy handed in ACR and PS.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    The B&W version with the shallow DOF is rather disturbing the image. However the update by troopers does it for me...and strangely enough the shallow DoF becomes pleasant.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2012
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    Vote #2 for freckles. Love 'em and she's gorgeous.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen