K again...new processing (to me)

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited September 19, 2012 in Go Figure
You remember K, the first boudoir/sexy shoot I did? Well I am trying some new processing out...wondered what you thought?

So here is before:

7908377354_9da2376d6b_b.jpg
K before by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

and here is after:

7908383558_21c78cb408_b.jpg
K after by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Let me know the good/the bad/ and the downright ugly. Thanks. :)

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    I like the after.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    Jeffro wrote: »
    I like the after.

Thank you. :)
    edited September 2, 2012
    Another processing practice run...less drastic this time. Any thoughts at all?

Before:
    7890487370_a4ae211200_o.jpg
    24-8-2012 K8 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

After:
    7917106998_6cb1675ef9_o.jpg
    K after portraiture by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Ta.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    Another processing practice run...less drastic this time. Any thoughts at all?

Before:
    7890487370_a4ae211200_o.jpg
    24-8-2012 K8 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

After:
    7917106998_6cb1675ef9_o.jpg
    K after portraiture by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Ta.

Good deal. What are you using for your PP? I attended a Scott Kelby workshop earlier this year, and he gave some pretty valuable tips. If you're using PS, I've got a recipe for you or two!
    edited September 3, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    Good deal. What are you using for your PP? I attended a Scott Kelby workshop earlier this year, and he gave some pretty valuable tips. If you're using PS, I've got a recipe for you or two!

Thanks.

Yes, Photoshop. For this I was using imagenomics portraiture plug in, and spent ages tuning it with the sliders. Gradually working that out, and then also worked out how to use masking with it and started to bring a few freckles back. I quite liked the result. :)

A few recipes would be great! I have a couple of other customers for this type of photography, so more tools in my PP toolbag would be fab.

Thanks
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Thanks.

Yes, Photoshop. For this I was using imagenomics portraiture plug in, and spent ages tuning it with the sliders. Gradually working that out, and then also worked out how to use masking with it and started to bring a few freckles back. I quite liked the result. :)

A few recipes would be great! I have a couple of other customers for this type of photography, so more tools in my PP toolbag would be fab.

Thanks

For the eyes and skin, I use two separate recipes. Scott Kelby recommends...

For eyes
    1) New combined layer (Cmd + Opn + Shft + E) or (Ctrl + Alt + Shft + E on PC).
    2) Set layer to screen blending mode.
    3) Make a layer mask (Option/Alt click on the circle inside of a rectangle thingy below the list of layers)
    4) Paint the whites of the eyes with a white brush. Zoom out, adjust opacity to not look crazy.
    5) Repeat 1-3
    6) Paint the irises and adjust.

For skin

1) New combined layer
    2) Apply gaussian blur of like..19-20.
    3) Layer mask
    4) Paint skin "white", no eyes, hair, lips etc etc.
    5) Set opacity to natural...usually about 25-30%

Then, you can bring back freckles and stuff by creating another combined layer, going into the Channels tab, choosing the Red layer, apply sharpening of 120%, radius of 1 or something like that, and that sharpens all the important stuff on females.

There's obviously a lot more you can do...but that's something I do a little bit to just about every picture of a female!
    edited September 4, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    For the eyes and skin, I use two separate recipes. Scott Kelby recommends...

For eyes
    1) New combined layer (Cmd + Opn + Shft + E) or (Ctrl + Alt + Shft + E on PC).
    2) Set layer to screen blending mode.
    3) Make a layer mask (Option/Alt click on the circle inside of a rectangle thingy below the list of layers)
    4) Paint the whites of the eyes with a white brush. Zoom out, adjust opacity to not look crazy.
    5) Repeat 1-3
    6) Paint the irises and adjust.

For skin

1) New combined layer
    2) Apply gaussian blur of like..19-20.
    3) Layer mask
    4) Paint skin "white", no eyes, hair, lips etc etc.
    5) Set opacity to natural...usually about 25-30%

Then, you can bring back freckles and stuff by creating another combined layer, going into the Channels tab, choosing the Red layer, apply sharpening of 120%, radius of 1 or something like that, and that sharpens all the important stuff on females.

There's obviously a lot more you can do...but that's something I do a little bit to just about every picture of a female!

Nice one, thanks. Will have a play when I get back after work today. :)

Cheers
  • HelioHelio Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2012
    nice work
    Nice post work. Images have more punch and vividness.
    edited September 19, 2012
    Helio wrote: »
    Nice post work. Images have more punch and vividness.

Thank you. :)