Silky?

travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
edited September 3, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
My first thought for this theme was water, of course... and I had some shots in the very first day.

I haven't posted any yet, thinking that the Indian lady was more interesting and also thinking that I'll have the time to take some more... I haven't, but maybe today :dunno

Anyways, this is what I got - not sure if any is worth being in the challenge gallery, but I'll show them to you:

i-qSFwp4Z-XL.jpg

i-4SVwGcw-XL.jpg

i-hcnfgv3-XL.jpg

i-CsqRsBG-XL.jpg

i-PW5KJBH-XL.jpg

i-kgGs9qv-XL.jpg

i-5JDQxsJ-XL.jpg

Thank you for looking :)
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    So, they are all bad, right? rolleyes1.gif

Do you guys think that this maybe be better?

i-6DvKKnV-XL.jpg

Thanks,
    Travelways.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I like #5, #7, and the balloon, with no clear favorite among them.
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 805 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Not bad at all. I reallly like the silky texture of the water photos, with 4-6 being my favorites. I like the colors and reflections of #6, but they may make it have a less silky feel--not a less appealing photo, but maybe less on theme for this challenge. The ripples do cool things to the cloud reflections though. #7 is definitely on topic. You really captured the feathery texture of the grass, and against the darker background they really pop. The vertical stem on the left kind of divides the photo a bit, but all in all I really like that one.

The balloon photo is great too. I really like the warm tones, and the way the sky fades to gold at the horizon. the light is wonderful--the golden hour strikes again.

For a favorite for the challenge I would have to agree with WhatSheSaw, #5 and #7 would be my recommendations for the challenge. The balloon as well, but I would probably go with the other two before that. Just my opinion, of course.
    ~~Barbara
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I like #7 best. Cool shot.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I agree with the others for 5 and 7. On 7 I would play with a tighter crop as the left side distracts for me but love the lighting. I like the idea of the other water shots but feel they need a stronger more crisp focal point to carry it off. The balloon is a bit dark for me and doesn't register "smooth".
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited September 3, 2012
    I can only view these on my iPhone, but really like 7 for the challenge. The balloon and 5 are also good options!
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Thank you very much all of you.

Wow, I thought I was all wrong...

Yes, #7 was one of my favs. too and I did play with the crop, but haven't submitted :)

My husband said that he knew a place with more similar grass, so I'll go out and play... if I don't get anything better I'll go with #7 modified a little :)

Thank you again.
    Travelways.com
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,209 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I like the balloon, but then again, I liked the Indian lady too. :)

Sherry