Options

Watermark question

fbickingfbicking Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 3, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have post this three times on Facebook and now three times here so SmugMug please answer. I need to know if I downgrade to a Power Plan is there a generic watermark or is there no watermarks at all?

Comments

• Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    fbicking wrote: »
    I have post this three times on Facebook and now three times here so SmugMug please answer. I need to know if I downgrade to a Power Plan is there a generic watermark or is there no watermarks at all?

None at all as I understand it?

Look under the image protection heading.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/photo-sharing-features/
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    fbicking wrote: »

Watermarking is a pro level feature, and not available 'on site' for consumer accounts (Power or Basic) -

You do have options though! - You can watermark you photos before you upload them (applications like Lightroom are great for this) -

I'm sorry you were waiting for a response on Facebook. Whenever you have questions about service or features, you'll always find information on our help pages - help.smugmug.com.

And if you're having trouble locating an answer, our support team is standing by - help @ smugmug.com.

More details on watermarking- http://tinyurl.com/98xkbkl
  • Options
    DesptachesGalleryDesptachesGallery Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Rogue 1 wrote: »
    Watermarking is a pro level feature, and not available 'on site' for consumer accounts (Power or Basic) -

You do have options though! - You can watermark you photos before you upload them (applications like Lightroom are great for this) -

I'm sorry you were waiting for a response on Facebook. Whenever you have questions about service or features, you'll always find information on our help pages - help.smugmug.com.

And if you're having trouble locating an answer, our support team is standing by - help @ smugmug.com.

More details on watermarking- http://tinyurl.com/98xkbkl

And on the new accounts? Custom watermarking? Or do you just want our art given away for free, and be a whole-hearted party to it?

Uploading images with watermarks breaks everything - it means people who order prints or digital get the atermarks.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    And on the new accounts? Custom watermarking? Or do you just want our art given away for free, and be a whole-hearted party to it?

Uploading images with watermarks breaks everything - it means people who order prints or digital get the atermarks.
    The new portfolio level comes with custom watermarks too. And of course, the business (which is the previous Pro account) level as well. Please check our feature comparison chart for a full overview on the account levels.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012

Hi Pete - I think you might have misread fbicking's question. He asked about downgrading to the POWER consumer level, which like BASIC, has never featured Pro Watermarking.

As I'd mentioned, watermarking is a pro level feature, available in both pro account levels, PORTFOLIO and BUSINESS.

:D
  • Options
    fbickingfbicking Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 3, 2012
    Rogue 1 wrote: »
    Hi Pete - I think you might have misread fbicking's question. He asked about downgrading to the POWER consumer level, which like BASIC, has never featured Pro Watermarking.

As I'd mentioned, watermarking is a pro level feature, available in both pro account levels, PORTFOLIO and BUSINESS.

:D

Sad to say it looks like I just got priced off SmugMug. I will not downgrade and stay if I can't protect my photo's from theft. And I will not spend $150 a year without at least a chance to make a sale or two to help. I have had others responding on another thread to just upload with a watermark. That makes no sense. If I export my photo's with a watermark and have a fire I can only get watermarked photos back. At this point I am thinking for as much as I like the service I have no choice but to shut down. I will give my users a couple of days to get there pictures then cancel the account. Very SAD weekend for me!!!!! I have loved providing this to my daughters dance studio.