Options

Page AZ, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon

masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited September 3, 2012 in Landscapes
I through some stuff in the car and decided to take a road trip to Page AZ. This is a beautiful place and full of travelers from everywhere. Put it on your calendar and learn to speak German.

1. First stop Horseshoe Bend
i-GdFDzd7-L.jpg

i-C63938t-L.jpg

3. It can be a little scary 500 Feet above the scene.
i-jndDPTk-L.jpg

4. Pink Floyd fans may appreciate this one.
i-pJ5PjTH-L.jpg

i-jNckvdq-L.jpg

i-WD8qpX5-L.jpg

i-W4HxxCr-L.jpg

i-s56BVCP-L.jpg

i-vKzjwcK-L.jpg

i-RVcsXbN-L.jpg

i-jMkmFKK-L.jpg

i-ks37v7w-L.jpg

i-734wk3Q-L.jpg

i-W9RM9Vz-L.jpg

15. Soaking wet from head to toe from the photo brawl that just occurred in the canyon.
i-HvNk6K5-L.jpg
Brian
Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography

Comments

• Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    some nice work here... too many images to really offer much of a critique, but i will say, with respect to #3, it's a lot more than 500 feet down! closer to twice that... i shudder to think how close you had to be to the edge to get that first shot! i'm not acrophobic, but that sheer drop with nothing to hang onto gave me the willies!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    It was indeed very uncomfortable to shoot there. It was my first trip to the bend and as soon as I walked up to the edge I thought, you have got to be kidding me, how am I gonna shoot this.
    Brian
    Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Great shots! I have always wanted to shoot here, but this is as close as I have gotten:

Horseshoebend-L.jpg
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    It was indeed very uncomfortable to shoot there. It was my first trip to the bend and as soon as I walked up to the edge I thought, you have got to be kidding me, how am I gonna shoot this.

i saw a lot of people lying on their bellies sticking their cameras over the edge... can't say as i blame them! as it was, i had my tripod set up between me and the precipice, but even at that, i found myself hoping the wind didn't change direction! here's my take on the place... couldn't get it all in with a 17mm lens on a crop body, so i had to take four shots in vertical orientation, then stitch 'em together.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=97786&highlight=horseshoe+bend
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    Nice set. The second is a nice interpretation of the area.