Nurses (5 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 18, 2005 in People
Dear friends!
As I promised, some nurses portraits...
This time (as you understand) *I* was asked to make photos... not my choice... Think that these could be interesting to you (How do 'common' /not Yuri's 'models'/ people look after all?)
3195.jpg
3196.jpg
3197.jpg
3199.jpg
3198.jpg
As you can see some think 'more makup - more beauty'...

I tried to do my best at very low light conditions...
(As usual, near the window)
Spasibo for your interest,
Yuri

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited November 17, 2005
    Yuri,

You have this profound ability to bring out the best in people images; true "portraits".

Excellent as usual and again.

I gather the last two were particularly difficult lighting in that one side is darker than your normal preference. They are still very fetching images by any measure.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited November 18, 2005
    Wow!
    ... and "Yikes!"

A "Yuri" thread with only one comment?

These are really well done portraits and very real people in a very noble profession. I truly appreciate the care and attention to lighting, composition, setting and camera control that these portraits demonstrate.

Yuri doesn't have the latest and greatest camera and lenses. He hasn't spent a small fortune on equipment and software. What he has invested in is learning how to maximize his monetary investment in terms of control and understanding of the entire process. You can see this in the results, no matter what the subject.

Bravo Yuri and keep posting, regardless of the subject. I love what you do and how you do it.

Best,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 18, 2005
    Yup, no doubt about it.
    High quality Yuri portraits, as always. (are there ever any bad Yuri portraits? No. I didn't think so).

The makeup, at least, matches the color of their outfits. And those nurse's hats are very stylish - and so much taller than the nurse hats here in the states.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Spasibo, dear friends!
    Yuri
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 18, 2005
    These ladies look calm, confidant, and, almost, lost in thought, reflecting. No smiles. These ladies look confidantly at the camera without hesitation.

The shadows to the left in the later shots might be a little dark, but very nice anyway. Well done, Yuri!!

I like how you get the subject to relax enough to display their real face to the camera, and to the world. They're not hiding here at all.

There is a calmness to these images I find appealing.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin