Model Casey in More Leaves

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 18, 2005 in People
i've been kicking around with my newly learned lab skills and i can't believe how great make pictures look now. here's another picture of casey from the set:

44084015-M-2.jpg

here's the original, out of the camera:
44866017-M.jpg

thanks for stopping by!

Comments

• prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    it really is amazing how much a difference it makes.
  • hollychollyc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    it really is amazing how much a difference it makes.
    Agreed - 100%. Beautiful girl, too. That post-processing stuff is addictive.

~H
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i've been kicking around with my newly learned lab skills and i can't believe how great make pictures look now. here's another picture of casey from the set:
    I'm with you...I'm hooked. I had worked so hard to get great looking jpgs out of the camera....and I succeeded...but I just can't help myself. I shoot raw and I fiddle a bit with each photo. A couple seconds and I have much better photos.

Even when I shoot my kids' sports, I shoot raw now.

Lee
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    Nice work.

I guess I'm wondering why your pictures look so dull and muted out of the camera. Are you shooting raw? If not, what camera are you using and what in camera settings do you use (sharpness, saturation, etc...)?

It's nice to be able to correct these photos, but it would be even nicer to get it close to perfect in the camera!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Nice work.

I guess I'm wondering why your pictures look so dull and muted out of the camera. Are you shooting raw? If not, what camera are you using and what in camera settings do you use (sharpness, saturation, etc...)?

It's nice to be able to correct these photos, but it would be even nicer to get it close to perfect in the camera!
    i was shooting jpg on my digital rebel using the default sharpness, saturation, etc. the problem might have to do with that it was a bright sunset and i took this picture in a shadow of a tree. i would love for the pictures to be better out of camera.

i don't work in raw because i don't have enough time to do it. even if i didnt touch the pictures, i don't have time to convert them to jpeg.

thank you all for your comments, i really appreciate them!
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Nice picture and wonderfull postprocessing! Congratulations! :)