Options

business cards, power of social media

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 8, 2012 in People
I like using several of my own images on my cards, I often use kids of families that I think could send business my way. My newest card has this on one side...

1136158647_5e9P7-Th.jpg

So yesterday I chatting for an hour with the gym manager while signing up. I mentioned I was a photographer, need more strength !! We spoke of a famous one in our area. She asked me about my relationship with the gal that recruited me, another member, since I am old enough to be my friend's mother. This is a small planned community we just moved to due in part to my husband's illness, my friend has lived here 12 years. Networking is a big bonus here.

So near the end I whip out some cards and she exclaims "OH! You do the photos of Melissa's kids? That is YOU. I see the pics of her kids on FB all the time, I LOVE what you do! So YOU are the one that does that!!!"

I felt like a celebrity for about 10 seconds :ivar:ivar:ivar:D:D:D

Just a tip when thinking about your cards. Of course this works very well with children's photos.

It made my day and I wanted to share that with all of you. :lust
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2012
    cool story!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2012
    I order my cards through MOO.com. They have some really great, professional looking stuff for great prices. They have quite a few different products available. I last ordered their mini cards which are really nifty. The nice thing is I can order 100 cards, each with a different image if I want.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2012
    Yes I order 100 at a time too, change up the photos. I have to do two more for the other daughters. The last batch featured two of the sisters, one on each side the sister from the backside of card would flip them all with her image facing out when ever she came over. I once read a tip that putting clients kids on cards gets them out there to more people.

The other point I didn't make was that we talked and talked about all of the same elements and there was no interest, no big deal, but man the images on the cards made her connect the dots and she suddenly was very excited.
    I use Zazzle because they have a plus size card that I like to use... more images fit on them.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700