Options

Pictures defaulting to small

dave_bass5dave_bass5 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited November 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Im sure i had this working better before but now i cant get the view to stay at large.
Im using Spoonman theme at //davepearce.smugmug.com

I have to click large but it doesnt stick like it used to
Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Im sure i had this working better before but now i cant get the view to stay at large.
    Im using Spoonman theme at //davepearce.smugmug.com

I have to click large but it doesnt stick like it used to
    Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, I just tried using Safari and Firefox - was able to view small, medium, large - and upon logout / close browser / return, i get large again. You don't say what browser you're using but it's a good idea to check that you have cookies enabled - and you might try clearing your cache and your cookies as well.

Let us know how you make out ear.gif

All the best,
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Hi Dave, I just tried using Safari and Firefox - was able to view small, medium, large - and upon logout / close browser / return, i get large again. You don't say what browser you're using but it's a good idea to check that you have cookies enabled - and you might try clearing your cache and your cookies as well.

Let us know how you make out ear.gif

All the best,
    Thanks Andy
    Im using Firefox 1.5 and i think it started when i upgraded as at work my version of FF is older and it works fine but im also getting the same problem with IE7.
    Ive tried what you sudgested but it didnt work. ill keep trying

Dave.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Thanks Andy
    Im using Firefox 1.5 and i think it started when i upgraded as at work my version of FF is older and it works fine but im also getting the same problem with IE7.
    Ive tried what you sudgested but it didnt work. ill keep trying

Dave.

Got to be be beta versions of both browsers, eh? Try IE 6 you'll be fine deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Got to be be beta versions of both browsers, eh? Try IE 6 you'll be fine deal.gif
    Andy
    Ive have tried it on 4 different pc's all running IE6 and the only one that will remember the viewing size is FF 1.5 beta1. this PC also has IE6 and even that is showing the default size as small.
    Is there something i could of set wrong in control pannel? or could the theme have something in it that would be doing this.
    The only customisation i have done is to take away the drop down list of viewing sizes
    Im at a loss as to why only one browser on 1 pc will show this correctly
    Thanks for your help

Dave.

Just checked my version of FF and it say v1.5 but not rc2 or beta.
    This got downloaded by auto update rather than direct from the FF site but it makes no odds, still got the same problem.

Dave.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2005
    I think i have fixed my problem.
    I went into customize gallery and unticked the custom Appearance option, setting it back to Smugmug. that gave me back the dropdown list for viewing sizes. i then viewed a shot and selected large from the dropdown list. i then went back in to customise gallery and re ticked custom
    Appearance.
    This seems to have re set all my galleries to defaulting to large again.

Dave.