Options

111 Tree Scapes

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
edited September 14, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Do either of these strike anyone's fancy? Any feedback is appreciated..
i-nNssH8f-L.jpg
i-mmh75ST-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I like the second one, but the branches in the foreground distract me from following the line of trees through the photo. Those branches give kinetic energy to a photo that is trying to be quiet.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    15524779-Ti.gif #2 is my favorite... but the foreground is just a tad distracting to me. Like the dreamy feel tho.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    marantophotographymarantophotography Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    I like the second one, but I find the bright grass patch too bright. Maybe there is a way to darken just that part?
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, Chris, PedalGirl and marantophotography. I think it's back to the drawing board for me. I've always wished to live someplace more picturesque, but especially now.
    Kate
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    Your processing of #2 is lovely. Would reshooting from a lower POV help eliminate those distracting branches at the top?
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gifwith the others on #2. I love the painterly processing - it does make for a picturesque view. GP
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2012
    I think that to me, number 1 is the stronger photograph overall, but #2 is more of a "scape" because of the strong lines. The bright green in the second is just too hot on my monitor...
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    Agree with the others that like #2, but find the branches in the foreground distracting. Like the processing, but again find the light parts of the grass too bright.
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2012
    Thank you everyone. I'm not seeing much else here...pretty boring sights as the grass is dead and the leaves haven't started changing. Hmmm, may be able to do a re-shoot if I can get there at the right time of day. I'm really wishing I lived somewhere beautiful.
    Kate