Options

Prints on display (for sale) at local winery... how to handle sales?

PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited September 9, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I am new at this selling thing and looking for some advice...

I'm currently displaying several framed prints at a local winery. It has worked out great; they didn't have any art on their walls and I get to display my work in a place where there is a lot of exposure. The prints all have descriptions and prices next to them, but my question is this... What's the best way to handle the sales transactions?

Do I let the winery sell them off the wall then pay me less their credit card transaction fees? The winery is a small family operation and it typically staffed by volunteers (paid with wine) on the weekends, so I have concerns about their ability to know what to do when selling a print or the timeliness of their notice to me if a sale has been made (I would need to replace the print).

Or... I could put a sign up that people must contact me if they wish to purchase a print. The issue with this method is that people will change their mind or forget to call once they've left the winery (and sobered up).

As I write this, I am starting to think that the first option is best, but does anyone have and insight or suggestions?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2012
    I'd go with the first ones. You are exactly right with the people forgetting to call. I do it all the time. :)
    Kind Regards,
    Jordon.
    My website
  • Options
    PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    Thanks.

OK, second part to this question... in situations such as this, do you normally pay a commission to the winery (or other place where you are displaying). If so, what's the typical %?