Please Respond

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited September 10, 2012 in Street and Documentary
i-gGrW7Qb-XL.jpg

If you don't like it, why? If you do like it, why? And if you are undecided, what would push you over the edge either way?

Thank you for your time and honesty in advance.
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I dont like how bland it is, i don't like the face there is a lot of space above him, i don't like that he isn't doing anything interesting, i don't like that he isn't linked to the background in anyway.

Just my 2c!
    Kind Regards,
    Jordon.
    My website
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited September 9, 2012
    Close, but not quite, IMO. I like the way his shadow blends with the background, but since all he is doing is walking, cutting off his feet doesn't work for me. If you had aimed a bit lower it might have been stronger--you don't need all the stuff at the top to get the same effect and he would have been better framed.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I don't agree with the assumption that every image must be liked or disliked.

It's an OK image, but the foot amputation doesn't add to it but the shadow does.
    It's one of those images that one looks at, nods somewhat approvingly, and moves
    on. That's not strong enough for a "like", but not weak enough for a "don't like".
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I think the concept is interesting (shadow within shadow)

I agree about the feet, if he's moving; they should be included.

If you get back there, why don't you try getting a shot with the shadow separate from the body; it might add drama
    Rags
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I think it would be much more interesting to catch only the shadow, particularly if it could be coming up from the floor but no visible human attached.

PJ.

RyanS wrote: »

If you don't like it, why? If you do like it, why? And if you are undecided, what would push you over the edge either way?

Thank you for your time and honesty in advance.
    Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    Thank you for the replies. Another one. Same day. Same kind of deal. I see something, but maybe I'm the only one that does.

i-7bNJNxq-XL.jpg
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    I like the second one much more than the first. One person gesturing towards one
    direction is nothing special, but both gesturing in different directions is a catch.

That diagonal is well placed.

I think maybe it's better just to post an image with no comment, or to post the image
    with some explanatory comment if it is required or useful. Wondering if we see what you see
    is a bit out of place.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    The chopping off of the feet kills it for me.
    Also not much going on--though after a bit I noticed his "hitchcockish" silhouette in the background and liked it, though it easily gets lost in the branches.
    Liz A.
    _________