Ride 'em

Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
edited September 23, 2012 in Wildlife
Hi all! It's been some time since I've been around and I miss everything you all have to offer!!! I have had little time lately to get my camera out but have a few shots to share if you'll indulge me. As always, I'd love any C&C you can offer!!!

Thanks, Matt

Comments

• PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    Nikonic1 wrote: »
    Hi all! It's been some time since I've been around and I miss everything you all have to offer!!! I have had little time lately to get my camera out but have a few shots to share if you'll indulge me. As always, I'd love any C&C you can offer!!!

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt, that's a nice looking dun in the foreground. I like how you got the horse to pose with its head and neck turned slightly toward the camera, ears forward, and looking curious and alert. That is the hardest part. I also think you took the photo from about the best place. I'm guessing your camera height was about the middle of the horse's barrell (or middle), and just behind its shoulder, around where the girth of the saddle would be. Both of the horse's back legs are showing, which is also good. The horse is shiny and well groomed, which is appealing. It does look to me like the horse is standing downhill, like maybe your camera wasn't completely level? If this were my horse, or my friend's horse (as opposed to a horse I just happened to pass by,) then I would 1) take off the red halter and green lead under the bridle, as they detract from the Western look, 2) move the horse behind the dun out of the picture to clean up the background, and 3) try to shoot earlier in the day or later in the afternoon so that the shadows aren't so harsh. I grew up riding, albeit hunters and jumpers, and in my book horseback riding is a wonderful sport, and most horses are very forgiving companions.

Best, Pam
  • GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    Very nice..
    No cars, no people. Oh for the good old days...
    I think the image looks very natural. I would leave it be
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish