Options

Will

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited September 13, 2012 in People

Comments

• Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    Very nice set. Very well-composed and lit scenes, and you seem to have captured a bit of Will's personality. My 2 critiques, for what their worth: 1) I'd try to get a bit more light in his eyes -- in particular, it's hard to see his eyes in the last two, and 2) the pose in the last shot seems forced -- Will's hands don't look at all natural in his pockets that way.

By the way, it looks like your number 1 and 2 photo didn't upload insert correctly. There are only 4 shots showing up (starting at #3)
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    Very nice set. Very well-composed and lit scenes, and you seem to have captured a bit of Will's personality. My 2 critiques, for what their worth: 1) I'd try to get a bit more light in his eyes -- in particular, it's hard to see his eyes in the last two, and 2) the pose in the last shot seems forced -- Will's hands don't look at all natural in his pockets that way.

By the way, it looks like your number 1 and 2 photo didn't upload insert correctly. There are only 4 shots showing up (starting at #3)

Thanks. good point with the light. I have used a fill flash in the past. Now I remember why! I actually noticed the hands at the time but could not figure a way to tell him to "look more normal". I think I have the first couple of shots fixed. thanks for the comment.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Nice series, I particularly like the leading lines in #3 and 5 in general. His right eye seems to be more closed and was wondering if he was turned so that eye was facing the camera first would the effect have been lessened?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Nice portraits. I think you got his personality as well as technically good photography.

Sam
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    Nice series, although I have some doubt about the skin colors. Seems very red on my display (maybe I need another display ). Do you guys see it different ?
    With the MAC colormeter I notice that the Reds are about a value 100 bigger then the Green and even more for Blue. There is topic on this forum what the ideal values are.
    But maybe this was a wanted effect. In that case I will shut-up.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    aashtonaashton Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 11, 2012
    Nice pics Joshhuntnm, I am new in this forum but have some experience in photography, You looks technically very strong. Second one is superb.
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Nice work overall, I concur with the notion of shedding more light on his eyes as they appear a bit dark in most of the images. Also might I suggest keeping an eye out on the crops as in the first one where appendages are missing.
    Two and three are my faves and I too agree that I can see the connection you made with him in these images.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    VERY strong images. Evident that care and planning went into the backgrounds and the poses. Good connection with the subject.

I too would like to see some sparkle in the eyes.
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    The images are ok for me. Obviously I don't know the subject but I don't think the images represent the boy's personality. This boy is 10(?), and I would like to have seen more expression, energy and life. The images definitely feel too stiff, posed, and lifeless.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    Nice images, some of them really seem very natural and relaxed. Well done there.

Take a look at his eyes in image #2 and #4. See how they look almost the same size in #4? I've read it's usually best to put the smaller eye closer to the camera when posing as this tends to help minimize the difference.