selling photos

jlg759jlg759 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited September 10, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am looking at using the smugmug service to sell my photos however I want to use my local processing service to have the photos made. Can I have my customers send me an e-mail for there orders? I did not see where I would be violating any rules but just thought i should check before doing it. I guess since i am just starting i would like to do it this way to save some money then I may switch to a pro account for now I am just looking at the account just below Pro. I have my domain through go daddy and plan to link smugmug page to my domain will this work?

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    This is fine....you ca neven incorporate PayPal buy buttons if you want to to have them pay you thru PayPal.

If your self fulfilling you probably only need a POWER ACCT.....or a Premium Zenfolio Account ($120/yr)

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    Hi Joe

Of course you can take orders and payments yourself, and fulfill and deliver orders yourself, with ANY of our accounts. There are no rules to stop you doing so. Each of our accounts offer different features, so that you can choose the one that best suits your photo sharing needs. We have an article that outlines the feature set of each of our account levels here:

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/695839-which-account-is-right-for-me-

We offer two 'Pro' account levels, called Portfolio and Business. Both of those accounts provide you with our great image protection settings: watermarking and limiting your largest display size to smaller than the XL size. These are critical for folks wanting to sell the images that they post on line. Both accounts give the account holder access to a variety of high quality print labs, for the largest selection of great print products.

The Business account offers a very full suite of Commerce tools; things like coupons, packages and event registration, that help boost sales. It is also the account that will handle the full print/product order fulfilment process for you from taking the order, managing the credit card payment process and relationship with high quality labs, through covering every order with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. This will give you more time to take photos!

We have some great Business articles as well, that should help you start your photography business. As always our heroes are always standing by to help answer specific questions for you.

ann
    jlg759 wrote: »
    I am looking at using the smugmug service to sell my photos however I want to use my local processing service to have the photos made. Can I have my customers send me an e-mail for there orders? I did not see where I would be violating any rules but just thought i should check before doing it. I guess since i am just starting i would like to do it this way to save some money then I may switch to a pro account for now I am just looking at the account just below Pro. I have my domain through go daddy and plan to link smugmug page to my domain will this work?

Thanks

Joe