Options

What are the real space limits

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited November 24, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a pro subscription and for some reason I think I can upload as much as I want, however, what is really expected? I don't want to fall into the abuse category. Reason I ask is I haven't seen anyone else who had a LOT of photos in smugmug.

Thanks
kc7dji

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    I have a pro subscription and for some reason I think I can upload as much as I want, however, what is really expected? I don't want to fall into the abuse category. Reason I ask is I haven't seen anyone else who had a LOT of photos in smugmug.

Thanks
    kc7dji

We say unlimited and we mean it! click on the "more info page"
    What do you mean by "unlimited photos?"

You can upload all the photos you wish, as many megabytes as you please. In addition, power user subscribers can upload all the video clips they wish.

I hope this helps clear that up :D

All the best,
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    Isn't it unlimited uploads?
    kc7dji wrote:

Thanks
    kc7dji
    I'm not from smugmug and also curious how this question will get answered by someone "official".

What do you mean by a lot? I have 6332 photos occupying 15GB. The description of the basic service (the cheapest version) says "shoot a million photos - it's unlimited".

Smugmug terms of service are here.

It sure looks like you can upload as many as you want. You just have to manage your bandwidth usage.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    Well, I know now that I am not the most. I have been a Pro user for 3 months and I am at:

photos uploaded: 1889 | disk space used: 2.48 GB
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    I'm not from smugmug and also curious how this question will get answered by someone "official".

Hi John,

It won't get any more official than my answer :D

Thanks!

Andy
    Smugmug
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    I hadn't seen your reply
    andy wrote:
    Hi John,

It won't get any more official than my answer :D
    That's fine. We were typing at the same time, so I hadn't seen your reply when I wrote mine. The web site seems pretty unambiguous. It's unlimited!
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    It's unlimited!

Heh no worries, John - happens all the time.
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    jfriend wrote:

What do you mean by a lot? I have 6332 photos occupying 15GB. The description of the basic service (the cheapest version) says "shoot a million photos - it's unlimited".

Smugmug terms of service are here.

It sure looks like you can upload as many as you want. You just have to manage your bandwidth usage.
    You think that is a lot I have:

photos uploaded: 10276 | disk space used: 35.73 GB
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.