Options

some more 5D3 youth soccer

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited September 14, 2012 in Sports
5D35264-X3.jpg

5D35261-X3.jpg

3 (severely cropped - horizontal to vertical and 2000x3000)
5D35276-X3.jpg

4 - I hate mouth guards.
5D35246-X3.jpg

5 (another 3000x2000 crop)
5D35230-X3.jpg

5D35013-X3.jpg

thanks for looking!
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    Brilliant stuff! You must have a great camera! Laughing.gif!

All kidding aside, nice timing, good isolation, colors are fantastic. An absolute clinic on youth sports photography.
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2012
    Haha, thanks!
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    KikopriceKikoprice Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    Great work!

I have a question. Do you crop for a certain print size? We have been cropping for print sizes even when we know a tighter crop would make a better picture. Its been pounded into our brains to shoot tight, and crop tighter, but does that always hold true?
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2012
    Kikoprice wrote: »
    Great work!

I have a question. Do you crop for a certain print size? We have been cropping for print sizes even when we know a tighter crop would make a better picture. Its been pounded into our brains to shoot tight, and crop tighter, but does that always hold true?

Thanks. Generally I crop at 3:2 so that the photo presents itself well enough, and I try to leave enough room for people to order a 5:7 or 4:5 print without cutting off body parts. If people don't crop their own order (and 95% of my customers don't), I do it for them before approving the order for production.

3:2 is often not the ideal crop, and people on forums will criticize that, but they are not thinking about selling different print sizes. Sometimes a 3:2 crop is ideal, and sometimes I can't resist cropping it tightly, which prevents ordering a 4:5. Then I just hope people order an 8x12", etc.

I've never tried cropping a whole gallery for a bigger print size like 8x10", preventing people from ordering 4x6"s. I'm afraid that would annoy people and prevent sales. The majority of my sports sales are 4x6".
    -Jack