Options

Problems!! Need help!!

camfabcamfab Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 17, 2012 in Cameras
Unfortunately, last weekend, i was out with fellow riders and my friend dropped the camera while outside of the housing on the cement and it cracked the lens. So, I contacted gopro, they said they would not warranty the camera nor do they sell lenses and best they could do was a small discount on a new camera. I only want teh lens obviously as I just purchased the camera last week and it still works fine other than the blurry video, does anyone know where i can get a lens replacement?

Comments

• Options
    ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    What camera is it?
    Kind Regards,
    Jordon.
    My website
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    I assume you broke something on the GoPro that isn't fixable with this: GoPro Replacement Lens Kit
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,904 moderator
    edited September 13, 2012
    Assuming that you mean the actual taking lens on the camera, not the housing glass port, you're best recourse for fixing the camera is at:

https://www.goprorepair.com/products-page/camera-repairs

I don't think that you'll find any source for the parts and I don't think that this is a DIY sort of repair. There is no telling what they will find broken in the camera.

Edit: Looking more carefully at the site, if you click on the Place Order - Replacement Parts, you may find just what you're looking for.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2012
    gopro lens help!!
    Sad day for my gopro; lens got scratched today & it spider cracked when it got knocked over on the lens not really even that hard, & now its ruined! Why dont they make a stronger or safer lens or protector for it?

Does anyone know if it can be fixed or replaced?
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2012
    Thank you so much for the help with this everyone!!
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2012
    Ouch scratched lens!!!!
    Thx again!!!So i ended upcontacting mike @ragecams and they had actually had an original wide stock lens & other fish eye
    views for both model gopro cameras. they said they could install it for me if i sent them in my camera, and also said they would discount
    me the service fee of shipping it back, so im going to give ot a try i guess, it will be much cheaper than buying a new camera.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2012
    SAVED!!!I just received my gopro hd hero camera back from ragecams, dennis was really helpful in helping me select the right lens for my needs, i went with the 4mm & its working great and no more fish eye effect, bending corners of the video, or distortion, rage cams did it in 1 day and shipped it back to me fast, life is good!! Dennis told me the camera has been modified so i can now change lenses without taking the camera apart also and macro focus, whatever that meant Laughing.gif, so i did some research on macro focus. but not sure i need a different lens. He also said hero3 was coming out before xmas, and he was gonna give me a smoking deal, so i think i may sell me hero2 if the hero3 is gonna be a major upgrade to the hd2, in the mean time back to filming my craziness! I did a search and found the 4mm lens doing a macro focus that i though was really neat on a green grasshopper and gave me some kool ideas check this out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yARkToPD6Yw

Lil Grasshopper Macro Test - RageCams