Stress Brake

z4hosz4hos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 13, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Soldiers resting and playing Backgammon after a long night and day of combat.

numbers0303-M.jpg

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    Nice one Z4, good conversion
    Rags
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    Are you deliberately futzing around with title words?
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    That man's mustache is oddly large and long for a regular soldier. What sort of detail is this, I wonder?
    {something witty here}
  • z4hosz4hos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    Staypuffinpc - I should have done a better job of making the description clearer. It should have read "Soldiers resting and playing Backgammon after a long night and day of receiving and taking care of combat casualties." The unit was a foward combat surgical unit. The two soldiers had been on their feet for 20 + hours non stop doing surgery and caring for wounded soldiers and civilians. As for the mustache, just call him "Hawkeye".

TonyCooper - If "futzing around" means what I think it means, please feel free to "futz around" and offer another one.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    z4hos wrote: »
    Staypuffinpc - I should have done a better job of making the description clearer. It should have read "Soldiers resting and playing Backgammon after a long night and day of receiving and taking care of combat casualties." The unit was a foward combat surgical unit. The two soldiers had been on their feet for 20 + hours non stop doing surgery and caring for wounded soldiers and civilians. As for the mustache, just call him "Hawkeye".

TonyCooper - If "futzing around" means what I think it means, please feel free to "futz around" and offer another one.

The soldiers were on a break, not a brake. A brake is something that
    stops movement. When you make a mistake like that, don't blame me
    for thinking it's a deliberate play on words.

You have a good image that confuses the viewer by your title.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    Medical unit
    z4hos wrote: »
    . As for the mustache, just call him "Hawkeye".
    I thought it was probably a medical unit because of that. Hawkeye seems like an appropriate name.

Actually, I'm with Tony on this one; because of the title, I was looking for the "brake" connection from the get-go (which actually works in this picture, if that was your intention, though it appears a simple semantic error)
    {something witty here}