Splash

jlg759jlg759 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited September 23, 2012 in Wildlife
Here's one I took while watching ducks at our local park. The duck closest was landing in the water and the 2nd one was looking on. May need to fix eyes in photoshop.

Taken with Nikon D 90, nikon 80-200 MM 2.8 , iso 400 1/200 @ 2.8 and flash was used.

Comments

• PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    This one made me laugh! I see children splashing the heck out of each other like this in the pool every year. As a photo, I would have liked it better if you had caught the duck from a little different angle, like more from the side. I like that it seems like you shot from a low angle. If it were my photo, I wouldn't spend a lot of time in photoshop trying to make it perfect, because to me, it's main appeal is, well, the SPLASH! Best, Pam
  • jlg759jlg759 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    Thanks I get scared on this forum not many comments on photos makes me think the photos are bad
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    Not at all! This is just an unusually slow time in the forum. You can tell because not only are there few comments, but also fewer people posting right now. Maybe parents are getting back into the swing of the school year. Harry must be tied up on something else, because he normally would have already chimed in with some great advice. The only post that got a lot of responses in the last few days was mine with some photos from my new high ISO camera--and that was because someone pointed out some problems with the way I processed the photos in photoshop, and then others asked questions about high ISO use, and Harry stepped in to explain why anyone would use high ISO and why photos from that camera have to be processed differently. The initial tone of that thread was unusual, because this is always a very positive forum with many generous expert photographers willing to help anyone who wants to improve their photography. If your photos are this good when you start, you will be amazed at how fast you can improve, and how pleased you are with the suggestions of others. At least this has been my experience, and I believe it will be yours. Also be sure to comment on the photos of others. It's a "we're all in this together" kind of deal. So keep 'em coming!

Best, Pam
  • GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    Fun shot. Love the water splash. Good color.

I think big birds are just a riot to watch bathing..

I saw a Great Blue Heron taking a bath and found it quite humerous. He acted embarrassed..lol
    Great Egrets just act elequent..lol
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish