Options

Don't think I ever shared these

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited September 16, 2012 in People
Shot with 3 softboxes. One large as main and two strips as kickers.

7978363248_593c41c6b6_b.jpg

7978264230_e0689c3069_b.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    Well, shame on you for not sharing these earlier. #1 is fantastic.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    I opened the thread and muttered "oh my". Wow, What Mitchell said, shame on you lol. These are seriously killer shots.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Thanks guys. I think I did share these next two but I've reprocessed them. I've really simplified my workflow in the last few months. I basically just adjust white balance, the black/white point and sharpen. On these, I did heal a few little blemishes she had on her chin but that's it.

7978293368_7cc13fa77f_b.jpg

7978320083_651bef27df_b.jpg

My Smug Site
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    My first thoughts were... what fabulous skin work! Nicely done! Your wife is gorgeous! (Of course you kinda knew that, haha)
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    Every time I see images of your wife, I gain greater understanding of why you spend so much time at the gym.:D
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Every time I see images of your wife, I gain greater understanding of why you spend so much time at the gym.:D

+1 nod.gifrolleyes1.gif

Delicious lighting on these, Alex. I'm gonna have to try this. You don't happen to have a pullback handy, do ya?
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    *shakes head*
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    My first thoughts were... what fabulous skin work! Nicely done! Your wife is gorgeous! (Of course you kinda knew that, haha)

Thank you Heather. Just a little healing brush. She takes very good care of her skin which make my work a lot easier. :D

You're absolutely correct my friend. Our friends often ask us why we concern ourselves so much with keeping in shape, dressing nice, etc. Honestly, I think it's one of the reasons why, after 24 years together, we still behave like newlyweds. It's important to each of us that we still remain attractive to the other. I think a lot of people stop trying once they get married and then wonder where the spark went. Love is important, to get me wrong but so is physical attraction. The fact that I am completely in lust AND love with my wife is why it's been so easy to remain faithful to her. There are a lot of other factors - commitment, respect, etc. - but the lust/love thing really makes it easy.
    kdog wrote: »
    +1 nod.gifrolleyes1.gif

Delicious lighting on these, Alex. I'm gonna have to try this. You don't happen to have a pullback handy, do ya?

I actually do. I may have moved the lights around slightly or rotated the orientation of the boxes for each shot, I don't recall exactly, but if I did, they were very minor tweaks.

00073-L.jpg
    Qarik wrote: »
    *shakes head*

Are you shaking your head because these aren't shirtless pics of me. Here you go Daniel:

00157-Edit-XL.jpg

My Smug Site
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    oh god..why did I come back to this thread! *closes browser and shuts off lap top..throws it out moving car*
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    Awesome work Alex. Beautiful images of your wife and man, you are ripped!
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    My sweetie has one of those exercise balls too, but she doesn't set it off like yours.
    Full disclosure: the wife doesn't look at DGrin.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    I believe I have said this before, but is worth repating it.
    Your wife is very BEAUTIFUL and make your pictures glow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Both of you look great. AHHHH Youth.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very nice Job Alex.beer.gif

Carlos
  • Options
    Thanks for the pullbacks, Alex. Great setup. I think I'm gonna get me some of those strip lights. nod.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the pullbacks, Alex. Great setup. I think I'm gonna get me some of those strip lights. nod.gif

I ordered them from Amazon. They're an off-brand but I was quite surprised at the build quality. The grids are a little on the cheap side but they do the job. The boxes themselves are made well. Some of the reviews said they were hard to put together but I don't recall it being hard. I kind of like putting a tent together.

I do prefer the umbrella style box that I got from Paul C Buff because it's easier to break down and put together but I have yet to break down the strips so it hasn't been an issue.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G5VZ6C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Oh! I assumed they were the Paul Buff versions, and I already clicked the Buy button on them. The ones you got are much larger. Any thoughts? I could always cancel them. I'm sure I will like the PBs for the convenience of setup/teardown if nothing else.
  • Options
    Oh! I assumed they were the Paul Buff versions, and I already clicked the Buy button on them. The ones you got are much larger. Any thoughts? I could always cancel them. I'm sure I will like the PBs for the convenience of setup/teardown if nothing else.

If you plan on setup/teardown often, I would vote for the PB's. These are terribly hard to put together but the PB's are awesomely easy. What appealed to me about these were the size. I didn't find any this large that didn't cost a few hundred dollars. The length is nice because I can light a full length pose them and can easily clamp a piece of black foam core to them if I want to flag part of the light; I can make them smaller but not bigger was my thought.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Yeah, setup/teardown is pretty important to me. There are always tradeoffs to everything. I'll see how these go. Appreciate your thoughts and info.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    Great photos
    15524779-Ti.gif My favorite is #1 also.

Chuck Cassidy,
    ncphotos@gmail.com,
    www.northcarolinaphotos.smugmug.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Thanks Chuck.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2012
    really nice work ! thanks for sharing the setup shot !