Canon liquidation

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited September 17, 2012 in House of Canon
Description: My 5D and ef 50 1.4 went into the Caribbean (recovered, but destroyed), and after rethinking my photography I've decided to sell my Canon gear for a Fuji X-Pro1. Here's what I have:
1) PENDING 70-200 f/2.8L - $850 - This lens is in pretty great condition except for the fact that the filter threads got dinged, so you can't thread a filter onto it. If you're willing to buy this without knowing what it'll cost to repair, $850 will take it. I'll be going to the Canon repair center soon to get a price to repair, and once repaired it will cost more. This includes the box, case, tripod ring, instruction sheet.
2) 17-40 f/4L - $600 - Pretty great condition overall, but there is a scratch in the barrel near the AF switch and the hood has some wear in the felt. I could have sworn I have the box and papers for this, but I can't seem to find it, so this is just lens, caps, hood (at least for now)
3) SOLD ef 1.4x tc II - $240 - this includes the pouch and caps.
4) 20D - $200 - includes box and papers and the accesories that came with it (except for the kit lens, which is long gone). I'm not selling the camera until the lenses sell, but if someone wants it I'd be happy to hold it for them.
5) SOLD 5 BP-511 batteries - $20 - some canon, some aftermarket, they're all old so I don't make any guarantees about them holding a charge, but I haven't had any issues with them. If they aren't sold by the time the camera sells, I'll throw them in with the camera.
6) SOLD The following CF cards: Sandisk Extreme IV 2.0gb, Sandisk Extreme III 2.0gb, Sandisk UltraII 2.0gb, Lexar Platinum II 80x 4gb. $5/ea + shipping, free shipping if you buy them all. The Extreme IV went in the ocean with my 5D, but works fine.
7) SOLD a BP-511 charger $5
8) a Nikon lens to EF mount adapter - $30
9) SOLD Canon ES-71II lens hood (i.e. hood for 50 1.4)
10) EP-EX15 eyepiece extender $5 + shipping
Pictures:
http://davidson.smugmug.com/Other/Canon-liquidation/25361443_fsCHTP

All prices are + shipping unless otherwise specified.

Comments

• ashbyashby Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    Not to be overly obnoxious, but an extra $60-80 a year on your homeowner's insurance policy and your loss would have been $0. It would have paid for the repair or replacement of your gear and you could have stayed in the Canon Camp.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    I'm not a homeowner, and this was not a covered loss under my renter's insurance apparently. Theft, fire, windstorm, vandalism, covered. Ocean, not covered.

I think once I'm done selling this I actually won't get an X-Pro1, but will instead just shoot film until PMA in January and see what gets announced then.
  • Hybrid AWDHybrid AWD Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2012
    Saw you talk about this on Driven. Definitely sucks about the ocean but I hope you get back into it in the future.

I'm really liking the idea of getting that 1.4 from you. I've been so wishy washy on buying more camera stuff lately. GLWS
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2012
    Are you talking about the 1.4x tc or the 50 1.4? Either way, let me know. Small world that you're on both here and driven.