f/5.6
shutter 1/45sec
ISO 200
natural outdoor light, no flash

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    What a cute "bird!" I'll bet my granddaughter would love it. :): YOu have the beginnings of a good idea for the challenge although I think that you may want to work on it a bit more. For me, the photograph doesn't tell a story or raise my curiosity. Maybe you can put your bird in a different setting to make the photograph more intriguing. Technically, I think you might have been better off using fill in flash. As it is, the top of the beak looks blown out on my screen while parts of the body are a bit too dark. Meanwhile, I am glad he is safe from the Thanksgiving table. Or is he??? :eat Good luck and don't give up! Everytime I have worked on improving one of my entries, I have learned a tremendous amount - whether or not the end result made the top ten (which it usually didn't :D )That alone has made the effort worth while.

Va

Email
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    thanks for the feedback and suggestions; very helpful.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Hi,
    Good idea!clap.gif
    I think a profile side shot might work better for you and try a few pics with no flash.

Good Luck,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Marshall, NC
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/weaverville_fun
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com