Natasha. WF. Cleaning (4 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 19, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
WF means work flow...
Maybe this will be interesting to some of you...
I was late at Rutt's post... Sorry...

I use Sony F707 (no RAW at all) - just jpg...

First: We save original file for edition (I add ‘e’ letter to the end of file name…)

3209.jpg

Open it in PS and start the next procedure
You can call it ‘Yuri’s cleaning’ (if you like).
Lets see what we have.

3207.jpg

We must clean these black/gray dots, red spots on the skin…
Using zoom tool, I work with 300% img.
Make copy of layer for work.
I use healing brush with small size – 9 px. Of course, this will lead you to make *a lot* of mouse clicks – great work, but surely you’ll be satisfied with the results…
So we ‘take’ with Alt+click a good looking skin somewhere near ‘a bad point’ and start clicking on these black dots…10, 20, 50, 100 times, taking pattern from time to time …
You may ask why not use ‘area cleaning’ or ‘Filter-> Noise-> Dust and Scratches’.
Answer: we are editing the original shot – it can be used then for different things: big size print (for example) – then all our ‘work’ will be seeing… The operation we are doing saves skin structure very carefully…
I return to 100% view from time to time to change the working area…
In some cases (near edges) I change healing brush tool mode from ‘Normal’ to ‘Replace’…
Then again ‘Normal’
I also delete small wrinkles, hair, scars, birthmarks..

Yes, it a moot point… Small sized brush can be used also for red veins on eyes…

3206.jpg
Crop after cleaning...

Press Ctrl+E , Ctrl+S

And the result:
3208.jpg

Sorry for my English - have no practice exept forums... (Thanks to all of you, dear friends, you make me not forget my so-so English language)

Spasibo
Yuri

Comments

• tobystobys Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 18, 2005
    Thank you!
    Yuri,
    Your photography is superb! (your english is fine too) I found Digital Grin by chance on the web and found your photos of Tatyana. She is so beautiful, you did a wonderful job capturing her. I would look forward to more of her and all your other posts! Thank you.
    Robert
    Priviet, dear friends!
    WF means work flow...
    Maybe this will be interesting to some of you...
    I was late at Rutt's post... Sorry...

I use Sony F707 (no RAW at all) - just jpg...

First: We save original file for edition (I add ‘e’ letter to the end of file name…)

3209.jpg

Open it in PS and start the next procedure
    You can call it ‘Yuri’s cleaning’ (if you like).
    Lets see what we have.

3207.jpg

We must clean these black/gray dots, red spots on the skin…
    Using zoom tool, I work with 300% img.
    Make copy of layer for work.
    I use healing brush with small size – 9 px. Of course, this will lead you to make *a lot* of mouse clicks – great work, but surely you’ll be satisfied with the results…
    So we ‘take’ with Alt+click a good looking skin somewhere near ‘a bad point’ and start clicking on these black dots…10, 20, 50, 100 times, taking pattern from time to time …
    You may ask why not use ‘area cleaning’ or ‘Filter-> Noise-> Dust and Scratches’.
    Answer: we are editing the original shot – it can be used then for different things: big size print (for example) – then all our ‘work’ will be seeing… The operation we are doing saves skin structure very carefully…
    I return to 100% view from time to time to change the working area…
    In some cases (near edges) I change healing brush tool mode from ‘Normal’ to ‘Replace’…
    Then again ‘Normal’
    I also delete small wrinkles, hair, scars, birthmarks..

Yes, it a moot point… Small sized brush can be used also for red veins on eyes…

3206.jpg
    Crop after cleaning...

Press Ctrl+E , Ctrl+S

And the result:
    3208.jpg

Sorry for my English - have no practice exept forums... (Thanks to all of you, dear friends, you make me not forget my so-so English language)

Spasibo
    Yuri
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Thanks for the tips on work flow and cleaning, Yuri. Do you only do the meticulous dot-cleaning on young models?

I tend to leave a lot of things in with older models to avoid giving the impression of a face-lift. But I soften the lines and other age marks to give nature a hand.

Cheers,
    Scott
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Scarhart wrote:
    Thanks for the tips on work flow and cleaning, Yuri. Do you only do the meticulous dot-cleaning on young models?

I tend to leave a lot of things in with older models to avoid giving the impression of a face-lift. But I soften the lines and other age marks to give nature a hand.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Spasibo Scott for your interest!
    This WB was mainly about dots and red spots. Maybe I'll post another WF (if it will be interesting) about my work with 'not thet young' model's portraits...
    Yuri
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Top Notch Yuri!!
    You sure know where to find the fine looking Ladies for your photo's! thumb.gifthumb.gif

GREAT WORK and no RAW or DSLR! VERY IMPRESSIVE! clap.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    I'm definitely going to have to try out your technique Yuri, the results from what I see are stunning!
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Yuri,

Your the master at on location, ambient light, beautiful woman photography.

Magnificent as always.

Sam
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    You sure have patience Yuri to clone out all those spots individually. This was very interesting to see that you put so much time and effort into your work. Did you do any other processing of this photo or was it finished after this cleaning? Your work is always fantastic and I am glad you took the time to let us know how you process it. This is a fantastic example that wonderful work can be done without a DSLR. I would love to see any other work flows you are willing to share and I'm sure others on dgrin and myself would learn a lot from you. Thanks for sharing and your English is better than a lot of people who use it as their first language.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto