Options

Canon shutting down 3 plants...

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited September 19, 2012 in Cameras
Just saw this on Canonrumors.com. I wonder if this will effect the 6D and other dslrs ???
Have a good afternoon :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2012
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    My guess is no effect at all. All of the Canon cameras and lenses I've ever bought say Made in Japan. I would guess the one "digital camera plant" that's closing in China probably makes their lowest end point and shoots.
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    kdog wrote: »
    ...All of the Canon cameras and lenses I've ever bought say Made in Japan. I would guess the one "digital camera plant" that's closing in China probably makes their lowest end point and shoots.

Have an EFS 17-85 that's got 'Made in Taiwan' on it (small print on the mount) - pretty sure I've seen China on other bits of DSLR kit over the yrs too.

I'd be very surprised if there's not some bit of legislation that allows Canon (and other similar companies) to say 'Made in Japan' ... as long as some (possibly sliding) % of the total is made there.

pp
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,904 moderator
    I moved some stuff to The Big Picture forum. Any further discussions outside of photography will either be deleted or moved.

We're a photography forum, not a foreign policy forum. Keep the discussion related to photography.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    I just looked up the Canon 6D and Nikon D600 because I'm sure Nikon has plants in China, also.
    It looks like they're producing/produced enough to be able to have them shipped to major (e)retailers like BestBuy, Amazon, and the likes!
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.