Options

Taking smugmug to the next level...

holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited September 18, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Now that Smugmug has raised it prices, it's time for smugmug to take care of the pro's that are sticking around (it honestly seems like hobbyist are the only ones leaving). I could've jumped to zenfolio (and still can), but i am sticking with smugmug and am going to give them a chance as to what i would like to see happen. Why? because zenfolio doesn't seem to be able to offer the customization that smugmug does. why else? because $100 is really nothing to whine about, especially when i have over 1 tb of photos on here. why else else? because i am too busy to change at this moment.

what can you do to keep my business for years to come?

This is the most important thing: Remove all smugmug branding from the pro's site, including hosting, checkout, order confirmation emails, etc. Smugmug is about a generic and non professional name as one could have. sorry if it offends the higher ups, but it's true.

You guys uppped the anty with your price increase, now it's time to step up to the plate and give the pro's and potential pro photographer customers something different from anyone else (although zenfolio seems to be the only other game in town).

this is my suggestion, and i am sure there are many other suggestions to make smugmug hosting the best out there, but now is your time to shine and not only show all of the cry babies who are leaving what they missed out on when they have to resubscribe for $300 (instead of $250), but also show professional photographers on why you guys are the best! LET"S GO TEAM SMUGMUG!

Comments

• Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2012
    holzphoto wrote: »
    show all of the cry babies who are leaving what they missed out on

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl

They have failed to implement some of the most requested features in years worth of promises, do you honestly expect some miracle release in the next 6-12 months?

One question regrading the "removal of all SM branding"... How would they remove the SM "branding" from a customer's credit card statement? Seems pointless to put up the charade only to have it exposed on the final bill.