Options

Advice for starting out?

YeliaYelia Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 26, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi Everyone!
I am really excited to get started with making pricelists but I am new to this whole process.

Anyone willing to give me some suggestions regarding which lab to use and why?
THANKS!
:rofl

Comments

• Options
    FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2012
    Hi Yelia,

Thanks for writing in.

Really any of the four would be just fine. Now, to save on shipping time and money, I would recommend not using Loxely since you live in the states. I am not taking away from the fact that they're amazing though. We do have 3 print labs located in the U.S. Each of them has different default pricing. and different print options available. So maybe checking out what they have to offer would help make your decision. Info about the labs, their pricing, and other helpful info can be found right here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93270

I have receive prints from each of the labs, and I love it all thumb.gif

If you have any questions or problems, please reply here, or email the help desk, and we'll be happy to help!

Cheers,
    Nick Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    smlsml Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2013
    I've got the same question.
    The only lab I have experience with is Bay Photo. I'm inclined to "go" with them. But I don't know what each lab has to offer that makes one "better" for me than another. Any pointers of what I should look at?
    Also, do we have to register our accounts with the labs, or is that done automatically through SmugMug?
    Thanks....I've very new to the Pro site.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited December 26, 2013
    sml wrote: »
    do we have to register our accounts with the labs, or is that done automatically through SmugMug?
    If you're printing via your smugmug account you just need to choose the lab for your pricelist and assign the pricelist to your galleries. You do not need to register with the lab.

--- Denise
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited December 26, 2013
    sml wrote: »
    The only lab I have experience with is Bay Photo. I'm inclined to "go" with them. But I don't know what each lab has to offer that makes one "better" for me than another. Any pointers of what I should look at?
    Does this page help - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93270?
    If you're still not sure, take smug up on their offer (at the bottom of that page) to send you samples from the lab of your choice:
    Unsure? Tell us your shipping address and which lab you want and we'll ship you a free set of print samples.

You'll get one of each of our print finishes and a calibration print to help you be sure what you see on your screen is what you get.

I use Bay Photo, love both their metalprints and their canvas.

--- Denise
  • Options
    smlsml Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2013
    Does this page help - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93270?

I use Bay Photo, love both their metalprints and their canvas.

--- Denise

Thanks, Denise. Bay is the only one I have experience with so far. So that, and your recommendation, give me enough reason to start there!
    Thanks for the link! Helpful.