Options

Still wanted to share: DSS 111 - Goat Scapes

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited September 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had an idea for a clever play on words and then happened across a few playful goats in scenic Shennandoah Valley... but with only one evening to load these up and lots of unpacking to do, I wasn't able to get these in to the contest...

ScapeGoat 1:
DSC5839-XL.jpg

ScapeGoats 2:
DSC5865-XL.jpg

Still interested in feedback, even though this contest has come and gone!

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2012
    I like number 2, more depth of field
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    #2 for me, too. thumb.gif I think the sky and the composition are stronger.

And the 2 goats have a more dynamic posture than the 1 in #1. What are they looking at? It reminds me of the old stereotype of women up on a chair to avoid mice on the floor. (A really stupid stereotype - as if mice could not climb chairs. ne_nau.gif) So #2 gives me that WTH moment.

In #1, the goat has a more faraway look. I could see a Goats Who Look at Men photo as being a good take on that stare into the distance.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    I like number 2, more depth of field
    Thanks, it was a small pen and lots of undesirable foreground lower down, so both are what I could get. ne_nau.gif I walked around and took a bunch of shots and when I was done I had a bunch like #1 and some more like #2, but with butts toward me.
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    #2 for me, too. thumb.gif I think the sky and the composition are stronger.

And the 2 goats have a more dynamic posture than the 1 in #1. What are they looking at? It reminds me of the old stereotype of women up on a chair to avoid mice on the floor. (A really stupid stereotype - as if mice could not climb chairs. ne_nau.gif) So #2 gives me that WTH moment.

In #1, the goat has a more faraway look. I could see a Goats Who Look at Men photo as being a good take on that stare into the distance.

I think that the goats are watching ME, watching THEM! eek7.gif It's just that with eyes so far apart they hold their heads sort of sideways to what they're looking at. Better to see the predator creeping up on the other side, ya know.
    Love the energy of the second!