Reddish Egret head shot

ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
edited September 27, 2012 in Wildlife
I was out at Ft. Desoto last weekend using a better beamer for the first time. I managed to make the emerald water look ugly brown in too many shots. I will have to work on that , but it was a learning experience and that is allways a good day. One close up of a White Morph that I do like.
RK82494-L.jpg

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2012
    Images like this one is one of the reasons Ihang out here. A real pleasure to view. A tad irritating too because I haven't been able to get a reddish egret white morph capture yet. Great BG, good detail and fine composition. Excellent work Robert. clap.gif

One minor nit though and its a minor one. I thought I saw some haloing around the upper bill and when I zoomed in I saw that I was right. It could be from the cop or from sharpening. If its sharpening that's easy enough to avoid in the future or on a reworking of this image. Not a biggie but its there.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    Images like this one is one of the reasons Ihang out here. A real pleasure to view. A tad irritating too because I haven't been able to get a reddish egret white morph capture yet. Great BG, good detail and fine composition. Excellent work Robert. clap.gif

One minor nit though and its a minor one. I thought I saw some haloing around the upper bill and when I zoomed in I saw that I was right. It could be from the cop or from sharpening. If its sharpening that's easy enough to avoid in the future or on a reworking of this image. Not a biggie but its there.

Thanks Harry. I really appreciate your advice on how to make the shot better. You really have a good eye, I noticed the halo also, and reduced it in final processing. I will give it another look. I cant wait to capture one of these in breeding plumage, Hope you find yours also.
  • WossaWossa Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Once in a while a magnificent image comes on here that is supberb and really stands out.....this is one of those times. Love every aspect of this....stunning.
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Love it, halos and all.
    edited September 25, 2012
    Wossa wrote: »
    Once in a while a magnificent image comes on here that is supberb and really stands out.....this is one of those times. Love every aspect of this....stunning.

Thanks Wossa, I thought the picture may not be well received due to the tight crop. I am glad you like it.
    Love it, halos and all.

Thanks Mike
  • raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    Nicely done, Robert! thumb.gif
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    Very nice, Robert! Best, Pam