Options

Compilation of my last few weekends...

Midknightc3Midknightc3 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited October 5, 2012 in Journeys
So I have been trying to keep playing with the camera, but for the last few weeks I have been entirely too busy to enjoy much. I have still used the camera some, but haven't had any chance to post anything up. I'm posting this in photography since it's more a jumble of images from the last few weeks then it is a trip report or anything like that.

Most of my free time has been spent putting new floors in my house...
i-kfxrPgv-L.jpg

It involved some early mornings
i-hqg2g9n-L.jpg

And a few delays
i-c8TGGB2-L.jpg

But that just gave me time to pick up the new camera...
i-qMQqFFV-L.jpg

I managed to find some free time to go with a friend of mine and blow off some stress...
MG1097-L.jpg

Then the dog and I went for a little hike around some old mining camps
MG1165-L.jpg

MG1178-L.jpg

MG1186-L.jpg

MG1190-L.jpg

MG1197-L.jpg

MG1209-L.jpg

MG1210-L.jpg

MG1215-L.jpg

Yep, got to the top and realized there were a few rivets missing...
MG1219-L.jpg

Last weekend a couple of us got to jump in the trucks and go explore. We didn't go too wild, but it was still a blast!

View of Prescott from the Mt. Union Look Out Tower
i-J9VvpVJ-L.jpg

Lunch at Old Dandrea Ranch
i-mJVSfgb-L.jpg

Ust and I took a nap in the hammock strung between my bumper and a tree
i-zQb5fBM-L.jpg

We can't agree on which photo we like better, so figured I'd just post them both!
i-9XFchG7-L.jpg

Ok ok ok, time to get movin
i-QCGpwXc-L.jpg

Road block!
i-4wnVkLP-L.jpg

i-TnX48nb-L.jpg

We stopped at Plaice Station for a quick break then back to Prescott
i-5Xb6GRg-L.jpg

i-qmn2P3K-L.jpg

i-64dFMzJ-L.jpg

i-zGM2ZCc-L.jpg

A couple days later James and I decided work night or not we were going camping. We went back to the same mining camp Carter and I went to and just slept under the stars...
i-6VK769s-L.jpg

i-h9HwX2L-L.jpg

i-X4dGhBf-L.jpg

i-2Dk2J3d-L.jpg

i-WB6DmWZ-L.jpg

i-zKzMPcH-L.jpg

Clark
I recommend wearing trashcans on your heads to avoid any accidental exposure to knowledge - Dogbert

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    Way too many pictures....and most of them are not too interesting to someone who wasn't there or didn't know the people. Unless there's a very compelling reason to do differently, postings should be limited to about 6 pictures....at most. Otherwise, people like me quickly lose interest and move on to other postings. Successful postings also tend to keep things centered around a single theme.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2012
    Point taken, and I will keep that in mind the next time around. Thanks!

Clark
    I recommend wearing trashcans on your heads to avoid any accidental exposure to knowledge - Dogbert
  • Options
    Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    I like the last campfire image - thanks for posting. Lesley
  • Options
    CloudOnMyTongueCloudOnMyTongue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Nice Star photos, I'm working on taking those.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    I for one like your photos...
    but I feel they'd be better served with a new title in the Journeys forum, where long strings of photos are used to describe trips such as yours, even if it's in your own backyard.

I think your best shot is of your friend cutting wood on the miter saw, a great ... 'environmental portrait'.
    Next up I like your purple flower shot, I like the way its framed and very crisp. Not a fan of the 'glow' in the field shot or yellow flowers. The rest... well, I'm sure they help you remember your trip, and do convey a sense of what northern AZ is like.
    edited September 29, 2012
    Thanks for the replies! Sorry I hadn't said anything in a while, been busy again and this is my first day with enough time to get back on Dgrin. I was a little bummed with the camp photo's at the end, I couldn't find any angles that really worked well for the stars, and the camp fire photo's weren't turning out like I imagined. I think they are ok, but not the amazingness I had dreamed they would be. I agree about the saw photo though, I think it came out pretty well.

Clark
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    Hey Clark,

Glad you've found an interest in this group. As other's have pointed out, lots of images that don't add much to the story. That said, I like that you're interested in documenting events in your life. The best instincts of when the Brownie first showed up. Looking forward to the next (hopefully smaller) set.
  • Options
    Indeed, I will definitely be adding more, and I will make sure to limit my photo's a lot more. I'm used to writing photo essays about trips I take, but this is obviously not the forum for that style so I need to remember to change my mind set when posting here. Hopefully I'll have photography time soon, as I picked up a new lens and some reflectors to play with.

Clark
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    I dunno, I'm a proponent for a high number of pictures, so having this many doesn't offend me. That's most of why I come here, is to see other people's photos and read their stories. What I DO want is more story here! :D So I wouldn't say 6 photos max, but I would say tell me more about the JOURNEY and the cool things you did or saw along the way, and that story along with the photos is what makes me check this forum every day.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    Did someone move this thread? I could have sworn I saw it in the Documentary forum!
    edited October 2, 2012
    I agree with John - I like to see lots of photos and pick and choose which ones i find most interesting
    I think it's cool that you gave us an insight into daily life with a couple of cool photos
    Who knows which image one will find great and another will dislike

Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    All,

This was originally posted in the Documentary forum and is where the thread generated all the posts regarding picture count. I suggested to the OP that the thread, I felt, fit more in the this forum than over in Documentary. I really enjoyed the thread and thought many of you would to. He agreed so I moved it.

Maybe the OP can add a little more text about each image. He's new to the forum and is still trying to get a feel of place. He may not know that unlike like a lot of the other forums on Dgrin, the Journeys forum wants more pics and more information about the "trip".
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    Ah yes... that's why I browse this forum more than any other. :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2012
    Hi all! Sorry I have not been keeping up on this thread. I will be happy to add some more text to go along with the photo's, probably this weekend while I have some time between shifts at work. I would say tomorrow, but I'm going camping, so I should have some more photo's to add soon! Thanks for the complements!

Clark