A few more Eagles....

FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited September 24, 2012 in Wildlife
Surf fishing has been good, which means I see Eagles almost every day. It's a bit of a challenge to get decent feather detail with a 200mm lens but I get a few keepers occasionally. Another great benefit of beach shooting is the reflected light from the sand gives the underside a nice pop!

i-QxKXZwt-X2.jpg

i-kkR7Rg7-X2.jpg

i-7kKM6Fm-X2.jpg

i-5cqRFGx-X2.jpg

i-RnxSQfG-X2.jpg

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    Excellent set Allen
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    Beautiful set Allen: He is letting you get some nice backgrounds as well. I sure wish I was shooting with you this weekend.
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    I'm so jealous! :cry Twice last week one of the redtails came soaring over the top of the house, dipping to perhaps 10-12 feet above my head as I stood in my (handkerchief-sized) backyard. Too many big trees to have enough space to even try to nail it, even if I'd been prepared for its sudden appearances.

These are beautiful birds and definitely a great shooting location. Very nice!

PJ.
    Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    Allen, these are great, as usual. Where are you standing? Are you in some sort of blind? Wonderful shots, and good point about the sane reflecting light up onto the underside of the eagles. Best, Pam
  • FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    Thanks for the comments! Pam I am standing on the open beach. The section of beach is an area where you can drive your truck to fish....12 miles of beach total. The Eagles cruse the surf's edge and the dunes depending on what they are eating, all I have to do is have the camera close by when they appear. They roost in a wooded section of the island directly to the west of my favorite spot. I fished today but never saw a bird.....As Assateague Island is a National Seashore the critters are used to seeing people and not really that shy, I am blessed!

This is what brings me to the beach: note fish are released unharmed.

i-JrpcJpV-L.jpg
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    More great shots, and indead you are lucky to have such a good place to fish/shoot!
    Randy
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Never get tired of seeing your eagle images, they are amazing. They don't let you get that close around here unless you're extremely lucky or feeding them.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Is that a black drum? Nice fish.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.