The Party Company

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited September 29, 2012 in Street and Documentary
So... after a dinner party at midnight I went to a parking lot to grab some snaps.

Why? The SF Erotic Exotic Costume Ball would be breaking up and I wanted to get some drunken revelers

So if partial sensual nudity bothers you don't scroll down....

Sensual? yeah right....

DSC7330NEF-XL.jpg
DSC7386NEF-XL.jpg
DSC7393NEF-XL.jpg
DSC7371NEF-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    I need to get out more. rolleyes1.gif

Interesting shots....
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2012
    thanks for the comment Rob
    Rags
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    To be honest Rags, I'm not sure why you posted these.
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    michswiss wrote: »

I think he's trying to tell us something about the kind of society in which we are all stuck?rolleyes1.gif
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins

Really? - because he explains it right in the beginning of the post.
    And, it seems to comply with your recent missive (sticky) about what types of photos should be posted here.

So, you're being snarky and rhetorical (that's my perception) to make the point that you don't like his shots? Really?

If you don't care for the subjects, compositions, or other aspects of the shots, that's understandable - but as a Mod, shouldn't your comments have a least a hint of constructive criticism?
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    Thanks for the direct response. No, I am not going to be polite for a while. I think a lot of what's been posted here recently is average at best. If you want to take shots that express some emotion or otherwise get to humanity, get to it. Piss me off with a really good shot of some scene that speaks for itself.

Go for it.
    Thanks for the direct response. No, I am not going to be polite for a while. I think a lot of what's been posted here recently is average at best. If you want to take shots that express some emotion or otherwise get to humanity, get to it. Piss me off with a really good shot of some scene that speaks for itself.

Go for it.

I agree with you michswiss, that a lot posted here is average and that includes your recent posts of a single mom for your project. Being raised by one I believe you're missing.... but I passed on a comment

This forum used to be a PJ forum. These shots are of that mode & some may have interest.

What interests me is the deletion of posts of mine by you and the admonition attitude when posting in my threads

If you want touchy feely, don't look at my threads or rename the forum; that's the best way to get rid of me.

That said, thanks for looking in and commenting, it shows how diverse the photography community is.

I'm trying to be less rude and crude in favor of being snide, is it working?
    Rags
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    torags wrote: »
    I agree with you michswiss, that a lot posted here is average and that includes your recent posts of a single mom for your project. Being raised by one I believe you're missing.... but I passed on a comment

This forum used to be a PJ forum. These shots are of that mode & some may have interest.

What interests me is the deletion of posts of mine by you and the admonition attitude when posting in my threads

If you want touchy feely, don't look at my threads or rename the forum; that's the best way to get rid of me.

That said, thanks for looking in and commenting, it shows how diverse the photography community is.

I'm trying to be less rude and crude in favor of being snide, is it working?

Is it working? :nah

If you have something to say about michswiss' image the appropriate place for it is in her thread. If you are having issues with michswiss the best place to deal with it is a PM. That way the rest of us is spared the drama.

My initial response to your images was ne_nau.gif. Subjectively I was disturbed by what I perceived as a lack of respect for your subjects. It showed in your text and I think it also impacted on your final results.

You were shooting in bad light with high ISOs, fairly slow shutter speeds, and all were at the far end of your zoom (70mm) which resulted in soft captures. I would have tried to move in closer and would have upped the ISO.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited September 29, 2012
    Well, I can sort of see the point--the typical press coverage of this event in SF features attractive and generally outrageous people; some of these provide a counter-myth. But I agree with Harry's comments that they are technically weak. Mostly they just seem disengaged. ne_nau.gif
    Richard and Harry, thanks for being a little more analytical.

Rags, I'm still curious about what you're hoping to gain from posting these shots. I've seen that you have excellent technical skills and these fall below your normal standard. Aside from the content, which doesn't do much for me, I agree with Richard in that the shots have little connection with the subjects. Not very interesting compositions.
    First let me apologize to Michswiss for assuming she as moderator deleted posts of mine. She said she didn't do it, so I assume someone else did, as in Harry.

My response to michswiss post where she was dismissive of the quality of posts to this thread was entirely appropriate since she commented on stuff outside this thread; as I did. Harry are you listening?

Now, the quality of the shots are mediocre, but I'm not apologetic, it was tough conditions. The story has value (& ties into the pictures) and some people are interested in the story. In my view it's PJ.

Some more of the story: Attendees to the event paid $75 each. I was told there was a costume party, sex toy vendors and appearances by some XXX actresses.

I paid $15 to get into the parking lot. It was a destination shoot and I didn't know what to expect. Sometimes they work - sometimes not.

I don't let a mediocre picture prevent me from an interesting story. In the history of newspapers all the shots were screened to reduce resolution

Thanks for the comments on my technical skills, I really appreciate them
    Rags
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    torags wrote: »
    First let me apologize to Michswiss for assuming she as moderator deleted posts of mine. She said she didn't do it, so I assume someone else did, as in Harry.

:nah

I just went 9 pages back here and I can't find any of your posts that have been deleted. If a post is deleted it will show who deleted it and the reason. The only threads I have deleted have been at the request of the OP and spam posts. If I delete a post for any other reason (and I haven't) I would have sent the OP a PM.

If a thread is moved to another forum a redirect to that thread is still left in the original forum.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    The best shot IMO is the one of the bored cops. Guess they thought with all the potential "nekkidness" and all, there might have been something for them to respond to. Funny.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.