If i have a file with say 50 shots in it...annnd

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited November 20, 2005 in Finishing School
...i want to do a re-size of all the photos in that file to say the one size of 500k.

Is there a secret button in CS2 ? You know that button that says ..hit this & it will duplicat & re-size those 50 shots in that file to 500k whilst you make a coffee.

Gus

Comments

• LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    ...i want to do a re-size of all the photos in that file to say the one size of 500k.

Is there a secret button in CS2 ? You know that button that says ..hit this & it will duplicat & re-size those 50 shots in that file to 500k whilst you make a coffee.

Gus
    I think I understand what you are asking... you have a folder full of pictures... you want all these pictures to be smaller...

now... do they have to be 500k? or would you just like them to be a different size?

I found an application that does this (non PS) you highlight the picutres, right click, select the application, select the desired dimensions and it duplicates them and resizes, all while you get coffee :)

let me know if this sounds good and I can get you the app :)

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Check out Image Processor
    Humungus wrote:

Gus
    If you can figure out what pixel size and JPEG quality level will give you a photo around 500k, then you can use the Image Processor (File/Scripts/Image Processor) to process a whole directory of files. It will make new images to a new directory, optionally change the resolution, optionally change the JPEG quality level and optionally change the color space to sRGB. So... if you practice with one representative image to see what settings give you ~500k, you could then apply those settings to all the rest of your files while you go get coffee using the Image Prcoessor script.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 19, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    ...you can use the Image Processor (File/Scripts/Image Processor)
    I checked on this before I give my own version of automation... this script doesn't exist on my PS.
    headscratch.gif

My way of doing this (just did it the other day for a client who was only getting web-size images from me)

Batch conversion.

1) make a duplicate of all the images you want to resize, a whole duplicate folder is usually the way to go
    2) write a simple resize action. Unfortunately, you have to do one for portrait and landscape orientations.
    *Don't forget to record saving and closing the file as part of the action!!! If you don't, the batch will leave them all open after resizing, and you'll have to save and close each one!
    3) then I find it's easiest to run it from the file browser - here you select all your portrait/landscape shots, then go to Automate>Batch> brings up the batch dialog where you pick your action and let it run. So you'll have to then do this again for the landscape/portraits. In other words, 2 coffee trips. :D

sounds like a lot of steps, but its not so bad (if you have done actions before, it is easy).
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Image Processor for CS/CS2
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I checked on this before I give my own version of automation... this script doesn't exist on my PS.
    headscratch.gif

My way of doing this (just did it the other day for a client who was only getting web-size images from me)

Batch conversion.

1) make a duplicate of all the images you want to resize, a whole duplicate folder is usually the way to go
    2) write a simple resize action. Unfortunately, you have to do one for portrait and landscape orientations.
    *Don't forget to record saving and closing the file as part of the action!!! If you don't, the batch will leave them all open after resizing, and you'll have to save and close each one!
    3) then I find it's easiest to run it from the file browser - here you select all your portrait/landscape shots, then go to Automate>Batch> brings up the batch dialog where you pick your action and let it run. So you'll have to then do this again for the landscape/portraits. In other words, 2 coffee trips. :D

sounds like a lot of steps, but its not so bad (if you have done actions before, it is easy).
    Image Processor comes with CS2. It can be downloaded from this site for CS. It is not available for releases of PS before that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited November 19, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    Image Processor comes with CS2. It can be downloaded from this site for CS. It is not available for releases of PS before that.
    Nice, looks like it saves me a step. thanks for the link!
    Erik

edited November 19, 2005
    Here's a link to the simple one that I use (I uploaded it to my FTP). no Photoshop required... just install this, highlight the images you want, right mouse click, select "Photo Gadget" and then set your settings...

http://www.LiquidOps.com/techfiles/photogadget.exe

Enjoy,

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Thanks heaps Steven....got it thumb.gif
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    How cool is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif
    edited November 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    How cool is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif
    ya likes?
    MM Portfolio

edited November 20, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    Here's a link to the simple one that I use (I uploaded it to my FTP). no Photoshop required... just install this, highlight the images you want, right mouse click, select "Photo Gadget" and then set your settings...

http://www.LiquidOps.com/techfiles/photogadget.exe

Enjoy,

Steven
    Hey Steven - thanks for getting me all excited! I was in mid-click when I made out that pesky .exe on the end. Useless on my Mac.
    :bluduh
    Erik

edited November 20, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Hey Steven - thanks for getting me all excited! I was in mid-click when I made out that pesky .exe on the end. Useless on my Mac.
    :bluduh
    yeah yeah yeah.... you mac guys can't have all the fun ya know...

rolleyes1.gif
    MM Portfolio