AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited September 27, 2012 in People
:rofl :scratch

8018322804_70fae6b154_z.jpg

I think the light was a bit hot in the face for this shot:

8018322068_219b1cd867_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Model = Hot

Light <> Hot

Your best lighting work yet BTW.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Thanks!

Anyone else feel like ripping into these?
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Love both poses and lighting but what was she thinking wearing that dress. My eyes don't know where to focus.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif I know we're supposed to confine our comments to the photography, but DANG! That is one bizarre item of clothing . . . whatever it is. Oh, good pose and photo, BTW.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Love both poses and lighting but what was she thinking wearing that dress. My eyes don't know where to focus.
    Icebear wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif I know we're supposed to confine our comments to the photography, but DANG! That is one bizarre item of clothing . . . whatever it is. Oh, good pose and photo, BTW.

Hahahahaha I have no idea. headscratch.gif

We went to the mall and I helped her with finding some nice outfits for both everyday use and that should photograph well. Hopefully for Christmas I'll be able to get her a ton of them.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2012
    I'm going with the above.

Beautiful model, great lighting but that dress
    OMGheadscratch.gif Tha's worse than even my backgrounds.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2012
    It's a great shot - you have a wonderful potential model in your g'friend! thumb.gif

Guys, the different-colour style of that dress is called "colorblock" and it's big this year, so you'll probably see a lot of it. Are we sure in this case it's actually a dress? Looks like a tank and skirt to me. I think if she had pulled one of the colours from the skirt instead of another one, you might have liked it better.

Also, unless you're adopting the "Revlon Red is a neutral and goes with everything" philosophy (cf 1940's-50's), that lipstick needs to be tweaked to tone with the pink of the tank; since she didn't change it up while you were shooting (always the easiest!) you probably ought to tweak it a little in post (in photoshop, just select the lips and play around with hue/saturation/lightness on the reds channel - easy to do and will tie this terrific shot together a little more).

Fabulous shots and she look great, however -you're definitely on to something!
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    this is funny. as a 30 year old female, I personally like the outfit and the shoes! a lot. it makes me wonder how often I am out and I think i have an awesome outfit on, how many men are looking at it thinking "WTF?!"

about the photos..i really like the lighting on these! good stuff
  • Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging comments! I cant currently do any more photo work at the moment unless my desktop decides to start working. Finally gave out on me but thankfully I backed up everything a few days ago. Im going to try the free download of CS6 on my laptop and hopefully thatll carry me over till the other computer is fixed.
  • Options
    lilmomma wrote: »
    this is funny. as a 30 year old female, I personally like the outfit and the shoes! a lot. it makes me wonder how often I am out and I think i have an awesome outfit on, how many men are looking at it thinking "WTF?!"

about the photos..i really like the lighting on these! good stuff

Melissa, I think it's "girl" vs "boy"; I quite like the outfit too (not for me, but I think it looks great on her). According to my husband, guys don't really see clothes, just the attributes the clothes enhance (or not, as the case might be). With this one, the colour actually FORCES them to look at the clothes before the attributes (note that all comments before mine were male rolleyes1.gif)
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    divamum wrote: »
    Melissa, I think it's "girl" vs "boy"; I quite like the outfit too (not for me, but I think it looks great on her). According to my husband, guys don't really see clothes, just the attributes the clothes enhance (or not, as the case might be). With this one, the colour actually FORCES them to look at the clothes before the attributes (note that all comments before mine were male rolleyes1.gif)

I guess I'm not a real guy because I pay close attention to the way women dress. I have a pretty good fashion sense for both men and women's clothing and often help my wife get dressed in the morning. I do like the outfit she is wearing. The days of matchy matchy are long gone. It's quite passe to match stuff. I see women all the time that wear shoes and accessories, like a bracelet or handbag and they all match their top. It's so one dimensional and out dated. My wife struggles so much with this. She doesn't understand the concept of complimentary colors and neutrals.

If you look at her skirt and top, you'll notice there are only two color. The blue of the top of the skirt and the purple of the top. The two "colors" at the bottom part of the skirt are not colors, they're neutrals. Neutrals match with everything. The blue and purple compliment one another, they make each other pop. Everything about this outfit works. The position of the belt is a little wonky but I think it's the pose.

Remember... all shades of brown, gray, white and black are neutrals. Oh... and you can mix metallics too. Wearing silver shoes? You can carry a gold back. It just needs to look put together and deliberate. You can even mix stripes with a pattern. Again, just has to look put together and purposeful/tasteful.

Sorry for the metro rant. I just hate when all us guys are lumped together as not having any fashion sense or clue about colors. And BTW, this makes me no less of a man. Any of you guys disagree, we can fight and then you can buy a beer afterwards. Laughing.gifdeal.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Alex, I note that you did NOT comment on the dress as the other guys did - my bad for lumping you in with the others rolleyes1.gif

I actually don't mind this outfit, although I'll demur with you A and point out that you have TWO neutrals - grey (cool) and beige (warm). I don't like matchy matchy either, but I do find that cool vs warm does jump out at me when I see it. It's the old silver vs gold and/or gold debate. In this case - with vying neutrals - the purple and the blue then make that 4 colours. Because it is, essentially, horizontal stripes, a lesser figure couldn't wear it AT ALL without looking like a rainbow sausage; Al's girlfriend looks fantastic in it, but many woman would not....

Alex, I adore your metro self. And can I add, I can't believe I'm having this conversation online, and this entire exchange has me literally laughing out loud!!! (And lest ya'll think I'm just sucking up to Mr Moderator, I love you all ..... iloveyou.gif)
  • Options
    I guess I'm not a real guy because I pay close attention to the way women dress. I have a pretty good fashion sense for both men and women's clothing and often help my wife get dressed in the morning. I do like the outfit she is wearing. The days of matchy matchy are long gone. It's quite passe to match stuff. I see women all the time that wear shoes and accessories, like a bracelet or handbag and they all match their top. It's so one dimensional and out dated. My wife struggles so much with this. She doesn't understand the concept of complimentary colors and neutrals.

If you look at her skirt and top, you'll notice there are only two color. The blue of the top of the skirt and the purple of the top. The two "colors" at the bottom part of the skirt are not colors, they're neutrals. Neutrals match with everything. The blue and purple compliment one another, they make each other pop. Everything about this outfit works. The position of the belt is a little wonky but I think it's the pose.

Remember... all shades of brown, gray, white and black are neutrals. Oh... and you can mix metallics too. Wearing silver shoes? You can carry a gold back. It just needs to look put together and deliberate. You can even mix stripes with a pattern. Again, just has to look put together and purposeful/tasteful.

Sorry for the metro rant. I just hate when all us guys are lumped together as not having any fashion sense or clue about colors. And BTW, this makes me no less of a man. Any of you guys disagree, we can fight and then you can buy a beer afterwards. Laughing.gifdeal.gif

no reason to not feel like a man for having fashion sense. If it makes you feel any better, I love womens heels. Not on myself of course but just the shape, color, stature. . . . I dont know. They draw my attention. If anyone picked up the latest issue of Vogue, turn to page 77 for the Louis Vuitton add. Those are some awesome heels.

F7C84A6D-D1D9-4BA0-A644-8CC9A485010F-1687-0000028C8382B7DD.jpg

marked various ideas, poses, lighting styles, concepts. . . .
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    , I love womens heels. Not on myself of course.

Lucky for you...

Can't tell you how hard it is to find something cute in a size 13!:D
  • Options
    Lucky for you...

Can't tell you how hard it is to find something cute in a size 13!:D

lol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    divamum wrote: »
    Alex, I note that you did NOT comment on the dress as the other guys did - my bad for lumping you in with the others rolleyes1.gif

I actually don't mind this outfit, although I'll demur with you A and point out that you have TWO neutrals - grey (cool) and beige (warm). I don't like matchy matchy either, but I do find that cool vs warm does jump out at me when I see it. It's the old silver vs gold and/or gold debate. In this case - with vying neutrals - the purple and the blue then make that 4 colours. Because it is, essentially, horizontal stripes, a lesser figure couldn't wear it AT ALL without looking like a rainbow sausage; Al's girlfriend looks fantastic in it, but many woman would not....

Alex, I adore your metro self. And can I add, I can't believe I'm having this conversation online, and this entire exchange has me literally laughing out loud!!! (And lest ya'll think I'm just sucking up to Mr Moderator, I love you all ..... iloveyou.gif)

You're so right Diva. She wears this outfit well but it's definitely not for every gal. My wife saw the photo when it was up and said she liked the outfit but wouldn't wear it because it's not age appropriate for her. I kind of agree. Skirts a bit too short. And you know... I'm looking at the skirt on my home monitor and the bottom it looks like it's a dark purple/navy not grey. Is my monitor off?

It is pretty funny that we're debating her outfit though. Laughing.gif.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    no reason to not feel like a man for having fashion sense.

Never. I actually take a lot of pride in having fashion sense and I also enjoy dressing nice. It's only in the few decades that it's manly or cool not to care what one looks like when they leave the house. In my father's era, he wouldn't leave the house with out pressed slacks and a nice, clean, pressed collared shirt. And if he went out in the evening with my mother, it was with a sport coat or even a suit. I wish I had grown up in his time when men dressed like, uh, men.

BTW, I just used the men's room and I can confirm, I have guy parts. rolleyes1.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    lol3.gifrolleyes1.gif :giggle :lol
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2012
    You're so right Diva. She wears this outfit well but it's definitely not for every gal. My wife saw the photo when it was up and said she liked the outfit but wouldn't wear it because it's not age appropriate for her. I kind of agree. Skirts a bit too short. And you know... I'm looking at the skirt on my home monitor and the bottom it looks like it's a dark purple/navy not grey. Is my monitor off?

It is pretty funny that we're debating her outfit though. Laughing.gif.

The bottom color is probably a very faded black. If you really want I can check when I get off work haha.

I don't really dress up unless I'm going somewhere nice. Typically it's a band shirt and jeans. Then again I don't do much unless I'm going to a concert haha. I'm very much a home body