Options

Two more poses - whatcha think?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited September 26, 2012 in People
Two more shots from the other night.

I see this pose with the hand done and I've tried it in the past and failed badly because it always looks so staged. I think I may have gotten it this time though. Yes or no?

DSC2917-Edit-XL.jpg

I just love this shot. Love the way she looks here.

DSC2942-Edit-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2012
    For me, No on 1 and Yes on 2. The hand position just doesn't look natural in #1. I think it would work better if she was playing with her hair than touching the shoulder.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Cuong wrote: »
    For me, No on 1 and Yes on 2. The hand position just doesn't look natural in #1. I think it would work better if she was playing with her hair than touching the shoulder.

Cuong

I don't disagree that it may not look natural but playing with the hair would be a different pose.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    FWIW, I think No. 1 has major potential if there were a nice wedding/engagement ring on the finger giving the impression she was admiring it and thinking about the symbolism.

On No.2 the softness of the near hand and elbow is perfect in forcing the eye to the sharpness of the face. Everything about it works wonderfully.

Back to the gym for you MISTER!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Agreed with comments on 1....is she picking something off her shoulder? When looking down have them look down but out further so you can see some eye. I think that would have saved this shot. It would take the viewers attention away from her hand. More of a pensive reflective shot.

On #2 close those fingers as they look like little sausages if you don't.

Pop her lips with some Victoria Secrets Lip Gloss, makes a big difference.

You have really, really improved....other pros move over Alex is in the house.
  • Options
    I'm confused Bryce. headscratch.gif

So are you saying the first pose could work, as is, if there was a purpose to her hand being their, like with the ring example you give? I think I would agree with that and it brings to mind the comment my wife made when I had her pose this way. She said that she would never, ever hold her hand that way naturally.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    I'm confused Bryce. headscratch.gif

So are you saying the first pose could work, as is, if there was a purpose to her hand being their, like with the ring example you give? I think I would agree with that and it brings to mind the comment my wife made when I had her pose this way. She said that she would never, ever hold her hand that way naturally.

EXACTLY! There has to be a reason she's looking at her had. A ring would provide it.
  • Options
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Agreed with comments on 1....is she picking something off her shoulder? When looking down have them look down but out further so you can see some eye. I think that would have saved this shot. It would take the viewers attention away from her hand. More of a pensive reflective shot.

On #2 close those fingers as they look like little sausages if you don't.

Pop her lips with some Victoria Secrets Lip Gloss, makes a big difference.

You have really, really improved....other pros move over Alex is in the house.

Hmm... interesting points Chuck and thanks for the compliment. Like I said, I've struggled with that first pose and this is the first "usable" shot I've ever got. Will have to work on this one more or just give up on it.

On the closed hands, I'll disagree with you on that one. I think the relaxed hand looks more natural. I'm going to tell my wife you said her fingers look like sausages too. eek7.gif J/K

BTW, she refuses to wear lip gloss. Absolutely hates it. She claims lip gloss is for teenagers and strippers. Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    She claims lip gloss is for teenagers and strippers. Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif

Soooo get her a belly shirt, a pleated skirt and a brass pole. Most importantly, post pictures!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    A good trick on the fingers is have them like Mikey Mouse. He has three fingers. Keep the ring and middle finger together and slightly curved in conjunctin with the pinkie. The pointer points forward and curved less. I know this sounds stupid but when done well it is very pleasing.

On the lip gloss have her try it once and when she sees the photo I'll bet she'll apply for her stripper license. I'll buy the tassels.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    Hmm, I guess I don't see needing a reason to have her hands there. Some people do things with their hands like use them when they talk. Some use them like that when they think. I took the picture as her thinking about something and the hands represented a physical reflect of those thoughts.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2012
    Nice shots. Really like the second one. Only nit is she has some tension in her lips, get her to relax that and you are there.