Australia v West Indies Test Cricket

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited November 19, 2005 in Sports
G'Day all,

I was invited along to Bellerive oval (here in Hobart) for day three of the test match between Australia and West Indies. As I havnt had the opportunity or time to take photos the last couple of months It felt good to get out of the house and take the camera with me.

I started playing around with burst mode during the bowlers run up and delivery and was lucky enough to catch the following series. Gayle (WI) was bowled by Glen McGrath (Aust).

Any tips on how I could process this better would be greatly appreciated aong with any other comments.

?action=view&current=gayle-b-mcgragh.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Think I forgot to link properly?
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    gayle-b-mcgragh.jpg
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    And there's Cricket, on the Radio!!
    TassieD wrote:
    G'Day all,

I was invited along to Bellerive oval (here in Hobart) for day three of the test match between Australia and West Indies. As I havnt had the opportunity or time to take photos the last couple of months It felt good to get out of the house and take the camera with me.

I started playing around with burst mode during the bowlers run up and delivery and was lucky enough to catch the following series. Gayle (WI) was bowled by Glen McGrath (Aust).

Any tips on how I could process this better would be greatly appreciated aong with any other comments.

Cheers
    David Clifford
    David well done, nice series, makes me envious. What lens were you using, did you need to crop much for these? We have shot just a little bit of local-level cricket, and only have the 70-300 lenses, not good enough if on the ground at the same level. Might just help if there was some elevation. You've got to be pleased with these.
    edited November 19, 2005
    David well done, nice series, makes me envious. What lens were you using, did you need to crop much for these? We have shot just a little bit of local-level cricket, and only have the 70-300 lenses, not good enough if on the ground at the same level. Might just help if there was some elevation. You've got to be pleased with these.
    Thanks Possum,

I was using the 28-135 IS USM with a 2x converter. These have been cropped a fair bit. I tried using the 90-300 with the 2x but couldnt hold it staedy enough as I didnt have a tripod or monopod.

I am very happy at having captured these. It will give me a good chance to try out my new A3 printer.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Thats a great series david. thumb.gifclap.gif

I live just next to the gabba & asked if i could bring my camera & 400 in & they had kittens !! Got to pay several hundred an hour to photograph in there.
    Funny as i asked avesco (touring cars) & they welcomed me. I dont know whom has more money but Avesco isnt a small operation.
    edited November 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Thats a great series david. thumb.gifclap.gif

I live just next to the gabba & asked if i could bring my camera & 400 in & they had kittens !! Got to pay several hundred an hour to photograph in there.
    Funny as i asked avesco (touring cars) & they welcomed me. I dont know whom has more money but Avesco isnt a small operation.
    Thanks Gus,

We had to present our bags at the gate for inspection, I opened mine up stating it was only canera gear and the guy got all excited when I opened the bag up. Made me laugh actually as his comment was "It's all about the photos, right" rolleyes1.gifwhich I couldn't help reply "actually it's all about the food".......lololol

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 19, 2005
    Im going to paint the 400 black...seriously its more trouble than its worth white. No-one is interested in you until they see white & then its on for young & old.
    edited November 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Im going to paint the 400 black...seriously its more trouble than its worth white. No-one is interested in you until they see white & then its on for young & old.
    you could send it my way and then you wouldn't have any troubles lol rolleyes1.gif. seriously, i dont own any white lenses (at this stage) so havn't realy had that problem.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 19, 2005
    TassieD wrote:
    you could send it my way and then you wouldn't have any troubles lol rolleyes1.gif. seriously, i dont own any white lenses (at this stage) so havn't realy had that problem.
    Get this mate...Avesco actually asked if i would like a full media pass with pit entry & a desk in the media room. I took them up on it of course & had a great day out. I have a friend whom has been a senior marshal for 25 odd years & i was going places on the track where they were stopping him.

I would dearly love to shoot the cricket though !
    edited November 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Get this mate...Avesco actually asked if i would like a full media pass with pit entry & a desk in the media room. I took them up on it of course & had a great day out. I have a friend whom has been a senior marshal for 25 odd years & i was going places on the track where they were stopping him.

I would dearly love to shoot the cricket though !
    Gus,

I made some enquiries down here about shooting local motor sport and am yet to hear back from any of the groups.

Of course yu took them up on the offer, I dont know of anyone who wouldn't given the opportunity.

I really enjoyed the cricket, I just wish I could have taken the tripod and used the 90-300mm with the 2x converter (I tried hand held but just couldn't keep it steady). I did notice that they were not allowing umbrellas into the ground so am glad i didnt bother bringing the tripod.

cheers
    Cheers
    David Clifford