Sleepless

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited October 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
untitled-2-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2012
    Nice capture & nice treatment Patti...thumb.gif
    Rags
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    I like the image, and I like the post treatment, but the title is not right.

This image suggests peace, contentment, and warmth. "Sleepless"
    has negative connotations to me.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    Nice use of sepia toning. I think I'd prefer it if it was a little brighter. It's a lovely moment.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    torags wrote: »
    Nice capture & nice treatment Patti...thumb.gif

Thanks!
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    I like the image, and I like the post treatment, but the title is not right.

This image suggests peace, contentment, and warmth. "Sleepless"
    has negative connotations to me.

It does but I'd thought about those hours of sleeplessness common to new parents. ne_nau.gif

michswiss wrote: »
    Nice use of sepia toning. I think I'd prefer it if it was a little brighter. It's a lovely moment.

thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    Thanks!

It does but I'd thought about those hours of sleeplessness common to new parents. ne_nau.gif

thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

Been there. Done that. The mother isn't the only one
    who's up during the night!
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    I like the shot. I would have preferred a slightly wider angle though, maybe to include her collar bone. As it is her head seems to be protruding from nowhere. Sorry can't find the right words to explain this.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    Hmm... not what I expected to see in this forum. This would fit nicely in the People forum though. Always nice to see work from other Dgrinners in there. deal.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited October 1, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    I like the shot. I would have preferred a slightly wider angle though, maybe to include her collar bone. As it is her head seems to be protruding from nowhere. Sorry can't find the right words to explain this.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Hmm... not what I expected to see in this forum. This would fit nicely in the People forum though. Always nice to see work from other Dgrinners in there. deal.gif

Too portrait-like for you eh? Point taken.

patti hinton photography
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback.

Too portrait-like for you eh? Point taken.

I'm a little biased since I am the People forum moderator. I hope I don't get in trouble for poaching members to post in my forum. :D
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    I'm a little biased since I am the People forum moderator. I hope I don't get in trouble for poaching members to post in my forum. :D

Not to hijack Patti's thread, Alex but it seems a little bit hard to post our "style" of images at the People's Forum section since the guys who posts at your forum are more into studio and pro style of work whereas we are more about everyday life and street photography. Comments are hard to come by when you post there but that was long time ago so maybe things have changed there? :D Peace bruddah. thumb.gif:D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited October 8, 2012

I've posted another shot in the People Forum mwink.gif As noted above, I don't post there much because I don't get much response, good or bad. headscratch.gif

patti hinton photography